Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some zunsport questions! 981

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Rhythmaddict
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Some zunsport questions! 981

Hey all! Two quick questions, I'm thinking about going to silver zunsport grills in my 981 CS. Does anyone have pics of the silver grills on their 981? I find most ppl seem to have the black grills. Also, is it easy to add the center grill on a non-GTS? I think if I go silver, it'd look off for the middle to still be black plastic.

Cheers and Happy New Year.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:26 PM
thunderstrike
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They have nice products but price is extremely high. I decided to make my own. I used bond papers to trace out rough shape. Then I used a vanilla folder to cut out a stiff cut out. I will use this one piece to figure out how to insert inside without issues or scuffing. Then I will use it to cut out a mesh screen from rain gutter mesh designed to block tree leaves purchased from Home Depot.

Right now it's too cold to work outside....
Old 01-03-2018, 11:52 PM
Rhythmaddict
Instructor

Originally Posted by thunderstrike
They have nice products but price is extremely high. I decided to make my own. I used bond papers to trace out rough shape. Then I used a vanilla folder to cut out a stiff cut out. I will use this one piece to figure out how to insert inside without issues or scuffing. Then I will use it to cut out a mesh screen from rain gutter mesh designed to block tree leaves purchased from Home Depot.

Right now it's too cold to work outside....
Did you buy the materials already? If so I'd love to see what you purchased! I took a trip to some local stores but all the materials I found were far too brittle, seemed like they would scratch the car 😐. I also really need something that will stay put on the track at triple digit speeds.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:59 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Zunsports are very nice. Yes you'll drop a couple hundred for them. But they fit and are heavy duty compared to gutter guard.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:03 AM
Rhythmaddict
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4
The Zunsports are very nice. Yes you'll drop a couple hundred for them. But they fit and are heavy duty compared to gutter guard.
Thanks! RE quality, I actually have a pair not mounted sitting in a box in my garage. Quality looks good but I keep thinking about ordering the silver ones 😁
Old 01-04-2018, 10:15 AM
BobKid
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhythmaddict
Did you buy the materials already? If so I'd love to see what you purchased! I took a trip to some local stores but all the materials I found were far too brittle, seemed like they would scratch the car 😐. I also really need something that will stay put on the track at triple digit speeds.
havent had any problems with my Zunsports staying on during track sessions, and they’ve taken some pretty good hits by rubber chunks. Center section was actually the easiest to get in place, and it is in there solid with the little backer screw in the middle.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:20 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

hi refreshing this old thread
new 981 guy with a bgts. intro post soon!
my car is jet black and been looking for pics of dark paint with silver mesh..
thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Some zunsport questions! 981