APEX | Porsche Track Wheel Development - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

APEX | Porsche Track Wheel Development

Reply

Old 02-01-2018, 05:23 PM
  #31  
APEXRaceParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
APEXRaceParts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Pleasanton, CA.
Posts: 419
Default

We are making final advancements in the engineering and initial production stages prior to our initial pre-order/group buy. Please take this opportunity to share your fitment thoughts as enthusiast feedback is integral to product development.
__________________
APEX Race Parts [email protected]

Website Blog Instagram Facebook
APEXRaceParts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:19 PM
  #32  
APEXRaceParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
APEXRaceParts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Pleasanton, CA.
Posts: 419
Default

Seen below is an IMSA ST 987 Boxster on 18” APEX SM-10. Equipped with a plethora of suspension components and Continental slicks, look out for this car on your East Coast racetracks and classified ads!

A Brembo GT brake kit is stuffed underneath the SM-10. Flaunting 380mm rotors and 6-piston front calipers, they clear the 18” SM-10 spokes and barrels with ease. Do not be forced into running larger diameter wheels than desired due to inferior brake clearance.

Race Silver -


Anthracite -


Satin Black -
__________________
APEX Race Parts [email protected]

Website Blog Instagram Facebook
APEXRaceParts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:45 PM
  #33  
Alanine
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 37
Default

Any updates, please?
Alanine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:10 PM
  #34  
jscott82
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jscott82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,222
Default

Should have asked this question earlier: Will these use standard Porsche ball seat bolts/nuts?
jscott82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:08 PM
  #35  
APEXRaceParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
APEXRaceParts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Pleasanton, CA.
Posts: 419
Default

Originally Posted by Alanine View Post
Any updates, please?
Thank you for your patience. We're nearly there - currently finalizing what fitments will be offered in our "first round." This will be followed by production and sending a batch of wheels to Japan for their JWL/VIA strength testing. Our FEA analysis and computer simulated strength tests have verified that our wheels exceed the VIA's JWL strength standards, but we habitually seek actual third party VIA testing/validation for transparency.

Originally Posted by jscott82 View Post
Should have asked this question earlier: Will these use standard Porsche ball seat bolts/nuts?
Yes indeed. All APEX wheels are designed to be fully compatible with Porsche's ball seat bolts, nuts, etc. and will accept the OEM Porsche center-caps.
__________________
APEX Race Parts [email protected]

Website Blog Instagram Facebook
APEXRaceParts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:37 AM
  #36  
jscott82
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jscott82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,222
Default

Any update on ETA for these?
jscott82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:57 PM
  #37  
APEXRaceParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
APEXRaceParts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Pleasanton, CA.
Posts: 419
Default

Originally Posted by jscott82 View Post
Any update on ETA for these?
Thank you for checking in! Good timing...

Our group buy is set to commence within the next two weeks. Final production will be determined by enthusiasts who officially pledge their interest in the group buy, and availability is prioritized in the order of which these pledges are received. The process is rather intuitive on the group buy site, but I am more than happy to answer questions at any time and help along the way.

On the group buy site, you can view detailed wheel information, the discount tiers, select your desired fitment and finish, and stay tuned for important updates. Please let me know if I can help or answer any questions!
__________________
APEX Race Parts [email protected]

Website Blog Instagram Facebook
APEXRaceParts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:21 AM
  #38  
981.CS
User
 
981.CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts View Post
Thank you for checking in! Good timing...

Our group buy is set to commence within the next two weeks. Final production will be determined by enthusiasts who officially pledge their interest in the group buy, and availability is prioritized in the order of which these pledges are received. The process is rather intuitive on the group buy site, but I am more than happy to answer questions at any time and help along the way.

On the group buy site, you can view detailed wheel information, the discount tiers, select your desired fitment and finish, and stay tuned for important updates. Please let me know if I can help or answer any questions!
What are the final specs of 18s or 19s of this wheels for the Cayman S? did they change?
981.CS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:03 PM
  #39  
APEXRaceParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
APEXRaceParts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Pleasanton, CA.
Posts: 419
Default

Originally Posted by 981.CS View Post
What are the final specs of 18s or 19s of this wheels for the Cayman S? did they change?
Our initial pre-order Group Buy will consist of 18" diameters in the following 987/981 specifications -

Front:
18x8.5" ET50
18x8.5" ET42
18x9" ET46

Rear:
18x10" ET36

I'm happy to report that our Group Buy is now live! You can view all information and details HERE.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
__________________
APEX Race Parts [email protected]

Website Blog Instagram Facebook
APEXRaceParts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:41 PM
  #40  
jsabatini
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jsabatini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Odessa, FL
Posts: 2,719
Default

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts View Post
Our initial pre-order Group Buy will consist of 18" diameters in the following 987/981 specifications -

Front:
18x8.5" ET50
18x8.5" ET42
18x9" ET46

Rear:
18x10" ET36

I'm happy to report that our Group Buy is now live! You can view all information and details HERE.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Great deal, I'm in!
jsabatini is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:26 AM
  #41  
jscott82
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jscott82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,222
Default

I'm in for 2 sets
jscott82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:54 PM
  #42  
gman3280
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 406
Default

I'm in for 2 sets as well.
gman3280 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:39 PM
  #43  
APEXRaceParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
APEXRaceParts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Pleasanton, CA.
Posts: 419
Default

Originally Posted by jscott82 View Post
I'm in for 2 sets
Originally Posted by gman3280 View Post
I'm in for 2 sets as well.
Originally Posted by jsabatini View Post
Great deal, I'm in!
Thank you for your participation, gentlemen!

Please let me know if you have any questions. You can always reach out directly, message through the Group Buy site, or comment in our updated Group Buy thread HERE.

Cheers!
__________________
APEX Race Parts [email protected]

Website Blog Instagram Facebook
APEXRaceParts is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: APEX | Porsche Track Wheel Development


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: