Sponsored by:

2018 Cayman Lease rates and discount %

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 10:36 AM
osab
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2018 Cayman Lease rates and discount %

Hello everyone I am pretty new on this forum and currently looking at a custom order 2018 Cayman base: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKB71A4

I expect to lease it or possibly financing if my credit didnt take a huge hit after my recent home purchase. Was wondering what a target discount should be off the MSRP on what I have configured? I have seen many different posts on this site ranging from 3% - 9% so just wanted to know what would be fair? In addition to any recommendations negotiating the residual ? or is that fixed by PCNA?

I am planning on trading in my current vehicle (approx $17k) vs putting a down payment, bringing the tax down as well.

Would appreciate any tips or experience! Thanks
Old 10-31-2017, 04:30 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by osab
Hello everyone I am pretty new on this forum and currently looking at a custom order 2018 Cayman base: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKB71A4

I expect to lease it or possibly financing if my credit didnt take a huge hit after my recent home purchase. Was wondering what a target discount should be off the MSRP on what I have configured? I have seen many different posts on this site ranging from 3% - 9% so just wanted to know what would be fair? In addition to any recommendations negotiating the residual ? or is that fixed by PCNA?

I am planning on trading in my current vehicle (approx $17k) vs putting a down payment, bringing the tax down as well.

Would appreciate any tips or experience! Thanks
I got only 3-5% on mine (I honestly don't remember, but it wasn't any more than that) and that was without trying.
You cannot negotiate the residual, only the actual selling price and maybe the money factor (?).

Also, tasteful build (red / black interior, red / black exterior ).
Are you not worried about how quickly the black on the door handles will show swirling / marring? You touch them every day, and black shows everything so much easier.
Personally, I'd have given myself a discount of over $5000 (wheels + wheel paint + special red color) just by selecting those 3 different options, but I can't tell you how to spec your car

I think you could reasonably stretch for a $5k discount (~6%).
Old 10-31-2017, 04:47 PM
osab
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the response. I hadn't thought about that door handle, definitely something to consider!
I've been wanting that specific color scheme for a while so the value is worth it to me, not sure if doing a cheap wrap on the wheels instead of the factory paint would be an option . Going to push for that 6% discount but it seems some dealers how have an early build slot are being less negotiable.

I did find this CPO and may consider it as an alternative: https://porscheatlantaperimeter.com/...ne+Red+1512529

Anyone have any experience leasing CPO vs new? Im assuming they are going to be less negotiable on the price, but then again it is an S.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:15 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by osab
Appreciate the response. I hadn't thought about that door handle, definitely something to consider!
I've been wanting that specific color scheme for a while so the value is worth it to me, not sure if doing a cheap wrap on the wheels instead of the factory paint would be an option . Going to push for that 6% discount but it seems some dealers how have an early build slot are being less negotiable.

I did find this CPO and may consider it as an alternative: https://porscheatlantaperimeter.com/...ne+Red+1512529

Anyone have any experience leasing CPO vs new? Im assuming they are going to be less negotiable on the price, but then again it is an S.
You'll be lucky if a dealer will lease anything but a new car, but it's not unheard of.
MSRP of that car is $88k, so $79k for 2000 miles is not too bad to begin with - I doubt you'd be getting $5k discount on it though.

And the only reason I mention the black on the handle is because I specifically shopped for any car "not" black (previous car was black - never again).
Old 11-01-2017, 04:02 PM
17GTS
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch this video by Nick Murray. There is a red on red 911 and the exterior and interior reds are different colors. I know you are looking at different reds, but it is worth watching.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:41 AM
semtex
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of Nick Murray, you should contact him on Youtube. He has a dealer in CT that will give you a flat 7% discount I think without any negotiating.

Quick Reply: 2018 Cayman Lease rates and discount %