Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mandatory options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 05:35 PM
lml999
Rennlist Member

Received 718 Likes on 510 Posts

Here's a pretty thoroughly optioned car!

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/ctd/d...327519962.html

Wow!

And not badly priced given the condition & mileage...
Old 10-18-2017, 07:46 PM
RWPinNC
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 62 Posts

Comments by Bill Lehman and Macster are right on the money. Just bought a 2006 Cayman S with PASM, be-xenon, Bose, sport chrono, 19 inch wheels and a few other options. I love the car, but a few option-related thoughts come to mind...

The lights are amazing. These are the first truly high performance lights I have had and they are incredible. Probably a high priority option since the cost of upgrading is stunning.

Sport chrono package is interesting, but probably more applicable to tracked cars. I don't use it much. May add resale value, but not of much value to me.

19 inch wheels...they are very nice looking, but I don't have an issue with standard 18 inch. Again not a priority.

A Boxster friend suggested power and heated seats. I have neither. I will miss the heated seats since my three ancient BMWs have them. I don't need power seats since the sport seats have a power recline and other manual adjustments. I don't move the seat much, so not an issue.

Bose is take it or leave it in the 987.1. No added value.

To me, these are the primary functional option considerations. Other's are relatively a matter of taste or preference.

Quick Reply: Mandatory options?