Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Exhaust and Sport Software

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by andy7777
I have to say I really detest when a vendor hijacks a thread with an offer to sell their product. I had this happen with Fabspeed before, I asked a question about an exhaust and had PM's from them in my inbox offering to sell their stuff. I think it's tacky. Most of us can read and research just fine-- the OP wanted to know about the OEM exhaust, not this vendor's.

(off my soapbox)
I feel your pain somewhat... but... not only are they a vendor, but also a sponsor. In the world of internet forums, it is just a fact of life. They help make these sites affordable and often -- provide some really awesome help to everyone who posts and reads. For the most part they see a potential lead and any smart business should follow that lead. Generally, it's a one and done post soliciting their wears whether on the thread or in the inbox. (not affiliated with any parts business)

I think we should appreciate these guys.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:18 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not that this is on my "bucket" list, but I stopped by local Porsche service dept. and inquired about the install. Wiring comes with full exhaust package and was told about 10! hrs. as wiring is not present in the car. Also installed would be vacuum lines. Wiring alone was about 4 hrs. This would be big bucks in the Bay Area.......
Old 03-02-2018, 10:54 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
Not that this is on my "bucket" list, but I stopped by local Porsche service dept. and inquired about the install. Wiring comes with full exhaust package and was told about 10! hrs. as wiring is not present in the car. Also installed would be vacuum lines. Wiring alone was about 4 hrs. This would be big bucks in the Bay Area.......
I just wonder if there is some work-a-round for the valves that wouldn't require the fancy factory wiring and button? My car had the factory sport exhaust installed after market without the console button and while I can't believe I am saying this -- there are times I'd like to quiet it down for windows up driving with the wife. There are some key fob remote activated valve systems -- does anyone think is there any adaptation for an installed PSE?
Old 03-03-2018, 08:28 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy
I just wonder if there is some work-a-round for the valves that wouldn't require the fancy factory wiring and button? My car had the factory sport exhaust installed after market without the console button There are some key fob remote activated valve systems -- does anyone think is there any adaptation for an installed PSE?
heh heh post #5. I'm sure it could be done. A nice note to one of those aftermarket suppliers (maybe the one above) for just that part might be rewarded. Otherwise you'd have to research the combination of parts for a wireless setup.

Quick Reply: Sport Exhaust and Sport Software