Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help APEX Create a Better Porsche Track Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 618 Likes on 394 Posts
Default Help APEX Create a Better Porsche Track Wheel

Calling Porsche Track Enthusiasts!

Eric from APEX Race Parts here. (Don’t worry, I’m not just another internet sales guy - I’m actually leading APEX’s Porsche wheel development.)

For those of you who know us from our roots in the BMW world, you know that we develop our performance wheels based on real world experiences and feedback from go-fast enthusiasts. (You!) We’ve been flooded with requests to develop some Porsche-specific wheels and now we have the team in place to make it happen! We’ve got a few fitment ideas in mind, but we really want to pick your brain before we pull the trigger. Got a few minutes to help us out?

[Give us your 2 cents]

Once we get a better understanding of your deepest wishes and desires for an affordable (yet race-proven) set of shoes for your car, we’ll put our creative and engineerings minds to work to develop a lineup of APEX wheels that makes sense whether you’re in the market for street or track-worthy wheels.

So, who am I? Well, many things, but the important thing is that I’ve been neck-deep in the performance driving world for years - HDPE’ing and Time Trialing my Porsche around the Northern California tracks every opportunity that I get. If you’re like me and have spent time in the paddock, you’ve surely seen the majority of BMWs on a set of APEX wheels. Over the past 10 years, it was obvious that APEX dedicated themselves to fill voids and ease pains the BMW enthusiasts felt in regards to wheel quality, affordability, and availability. By enlisting fellow enthusiasts in the decision making process, APEX incorporated forum members into product development and connected with their community in a way that no one else in the motorsports world had. Hungry to implement that in other track oriented markets, I proposed the idea of a Porsche department to APEX, and voila! That’s why I’m reaching out to you now.

Now that we’re all gearing up for the off-season builds, repairs, and modifications, I speak for the whole team when I say that we’re ecstatic to get the wheels rolling (pun intended) on developing off-the-shelf, race engineered, lightweight fitments that are perfect for your beloved Porsche.

The best way to help would be to tell us a bit more about what you’d look for and expect in a set of track proven, dependable, and affordable wheels. When you grab your next cup of coffee, could you take a minute to share your thoughts with us?

[Take our Porsche Wheel Survey]

Please stay tuned and we will surely keep you updated as our Porsche division progresses!

Happy tracking,
Eric

11/27 UPDATE:
Shown below are our 18" APEX SM-10 in profile 1 (front) concavity and profile 2 (rear) concavity.

Satin black -

Anthracite -

Hyper Silver -

Seen below are our 19" APEX SM-10 in profile 1 (front) concavity and profile 3 (rear) concavity.

Satin black -

Anthracite -

Race Silver -

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 11-29-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:40 PM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Took the survey last night. Glad to see Apex finally get into Porsche!
Old 10-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gman3280
Took the survey last night. Glad to see Apex finally get into Porsche!
Thank you sir! I appreciate your continual support and feedback throughout this process.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:59 AM
nowakm99
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I love what APEX does for BMW....can't wait to see what you come up with for Porsches as well. It's been a long time coming!
Old 10-06-2017, 01:52 PM
WenigRot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! I have a couple of sets of your Arc-8s for my SpecE46 car. Light, good looking, and reasonably priced wheels. Look forward to seeing what you come up with for Porsche!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Survey complete.
Cheers!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by WenigRot
Welcome! I have a couple of sets of your Arc-8s for my SpecE46 car. Light, good looking, and reasonably priced wheels. Look forward to seeing what you come up with for Porsche!
Do you have any pictures of your SPECE46 & Porsche together? We'd love to see the two worlds collide!

Originally Posted by nowakm99
I love what APEX does for BMW....can't wait to see what you come up with for Porsches as well. It's been a long time coming!
Originally Posted by Gator996
Survey complete.
Cheers!
Thank you all for your continual support and feedback - you're awesome and very much appreciated!

I'm excited to implement what we've successfully done with BMW over the past 10 years into the Porsche community, so thank you for helping that become reality.

Feel free to email, message, call, or comment with any more questions or advice you may want to share.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:25 AM
raysmd
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

umm, gt4 fitment?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:50 PM
ducsfly
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Ditto on Gt4 wheels.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by raysmd
umm, gt4 fitment?
Originally Posted by ducsfly
Ditto on Gt4 wheels.
Thanks for your inquiries, guys! If you haven't already, please share these thoughts in survey linked above.

Rest assured GT4 fitments will be offered! Would you mind sharing exactly what wheel specifications you'd like to run? As enthusiast thoughts pour in, I always like to compare my fitment spreadsheets to their fitment desires.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you all for your survey feedback thus far. If you have not filled it out yet, please take a moment to let us know what your wheel preferences are. Your invaluable feedback will be directly shaping the details of our Porsche program.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:53 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lightweight/strong and no bling so they are racer cheap
Old 10-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by extanker
lightweight/strong and no bling so they are racer cheap
That is certainly the criteria for a proper track wheel.

Just as we have for over 10 years, we're looking forward to offering that to the Porsche community.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you to all of our 500+ survey participants. If you have not filled it out yet, please take a moment to let us know what your wheel preferences are.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Slow news day here, but have a question for the community.

If given the option, would you be willing to add .25lbs to the weight of each wheel for center cap accommodation? The center cone would need to be enlarged to accept an APEX or Porsche cap, thus, minimally increasing weight. Both options will still be hub-centric, so it is purely aesthetic preference.

Option 1: No center cap, .25lbs lighter
Option 2: Ability to run center cap, but .25 lbs heavier

You can mull over the pictures below and please let me know your thoughts.

I'll be running at Sonoma Raceway tomorrow, so please let me know if you're planning to go too!

Quick Reply: Help APEX Create a Better Porsche Track Wheel