Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant drip 2008 Cayman 2.7.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 05:13 PM
dennisafrompa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Coolant drip 2008 Cayman 2.7.....

......noticed today and looks to have gone on for at least a week based on marks on the garage concrete floor. Had to add a little less than a quart to get up to MAX mark.

The drip is coming from an area just behind the front driver's (left) side, right at the start of the door hinge.

The car has 105,000 miles on it 17K of which I put on it since purchasing it 2 years ago. A complete history came with the car and shows no other issues.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by dennisafrompa
......noticed today and looks to have gone on for at least a week based on marks on the garage concrete floor. Had to add a little less than a quart to get up to MAX mark.

The drip is coming from an area just behind the front driver's (left) side, right at the start of the door hinge.

The car has 105,000 miles on it 17K of which I put on it since purchasing it 2 years ago. A complete history came with the car and shows no other issues.
It is a coolant leak.

Any leak coming from around the "front" of the car is probably a leaking radiator though a hose/connection could be leaking. The coolant leaks and seeks the lowest point the drips to the ground.

Get the car to a shop and in the air and I bet the source of the leak will be easy to find. You might get lucky and a hose clamp is loose or bad and a new one is all that is necessary.

But the radiators can leak. Around where the bottom "tank" connects to the fin and tube section is common. (All 3 of the radiators in my 996 Turbo were leaking in this fashion.)

Anyhow, get the leak source identifed, then fixed, and resume enjoying your car.

Quick Reply: Coolant drip 2008 Cayman 2.7.....