Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers side oil leak. PS Cooler lines?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 03:42 PM
QuattroVAG
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers side oil leak. PS Cooler lines?

Hello,

I have been lurking these forums for awhile, they have been an amazing resource since purchasing my 06 CTT a few months ago.

The last few days I noticed an oil leak behind the drivers side wheel well. I don't think it is from the intercooler pipes.

The leak seems to be coming from the lines shown in the picture attached. I believe these connect to the power steering oil cooler. Can anyone confirm that? Do these look like original parts to you guys? The metal to fabric connection looks like a jimmy-rig fix.

The picture was taken while under the car, looking up, behind the drivers-side wheel well.

Thanks for the help

Name:  IMG_1375.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  187.4 KB
Old 05-28-2019, 11:50 AM
redstack
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah this is a problem of the PS cooler lines leaking. Another fellow pulled the hose off and found that the aluminum pipe was pitted and leaking. He replaced his cooler and that took care of it. I wondered about cutting off the half inch of pitted tubing, but I don't think the hoses are long enough to fit, and there is a swelled section at the end to help keep the hose on that would be gone after that. So I'm just checking everything before starting the process of replacing mine as well. I got a replacement cooler off of ebay if I recall.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:18 PM
sprfrkr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My thread on the topic: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-attached.html

Quick Reply: Drivers side oil leak. PS Cooler lines?