Old 06-12-2017, 12:17 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts
Default Auto Stop... STOPPED. T-Design9 memory module for Cayenne

Guys,

I'm happy to announce that we cracked the Auto/Start/Stop on Cayenne 958. T-Design9.com now offers a memory module version for Cayenne. It will remember A/S/S, sport, and PSE setting for you!

Handy if you prefer things just the certain way, and don't like factory default setting. Real crucial if you do autocross or take your car to the track.

Our memory module will simply remember the last setting for Auto/Start/Stop, Sport and PSE, and car will be in that mode next time you start it. So if you had A/S/S off and PSE ON when you shut the car down - the A/S/S will be off and PSE ON when you start the car next time.

Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 06-12-2017, 02:12 PM
westsiderkg
Banned

Received 126 Likes on 89 Posts

Group buy possible????
Old 06-12-2017, 08:15 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Only for 958? How about 957?
Old 06-12-2017, 10:28 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Group buy possible????
We are not authorized for group buys on this forum, and judging by low interests would be nowhere near good group-buy quantities

-Vlad
Old 06-12-2017, 10:30 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by touareg
Only for 958? How about 957?
The hardware and software is extremely specific to the model, and there's low probability that it'll work on 957. But we'll eventually try it, of course.

What is that you want to remember on 957?
Old 06-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
The hardware and software is extremely specific to the model, and there's low probability that it'll work on 957. But we'll eventually try it, of course.

I have an '09 957 Turbo S. Every time I get in my Cayenne, I select Sport mode in order to enable the 1st gear start from a stop instead of 2nd gear start, but that drops the suspension to the lower Sport setting, which means I then need to hit to toggle to go back up to Normal suspension mode. I'd love it if it would just remember Sport for the driving mode and Normal for the suspension setting whenever I start the car to avoid the extra toggle presses and the unnecessary wear on the compressor and air valves.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:48 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Installation instructions complete. Shouldn't take more than 10-20 minutes with couple of beers

http://t-design9.com/memory_module_c...8_install.html
Old 06-21-2017, 12:27 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design

Normally I would like the SPORT button on, when I start the car, PSM off once in a while.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:36 PM
westsiderkg
Banned

Is there a live motion video you can share of the cayenne 958 install please? Thanks.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:06 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Is there a live motion video you can share of the cayenne 958 install please? Thanks.
I didn't film it real time, if only because of wanting to take clear individual pictures and not a motion-sickness-inducing video with the phone. A videographer, I'm not.

It really is a pretty straightforward job that requires just two tools.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:29 AM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Received 418 Likes on 204 Posts

I did the install on my new(to me) 2017 Cayenne today, super easy even though my ferrule on the shifter was really tight, I had to use pliers(padded, of course) to get it to rotate and the shifter surround was tight too, but it still only took about 20 minutes. Great product!
Old 07-07-2018, 10:05 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

A strip of rubber, like cut from an old bike tire inner tube, is sometimes handy to help get a firmer grip on that collar. Or a silicone jar opener pad from the kitchen. But, yeah, it's on there pretty tight.

Glad to hear it's working for you. Mine's been great, totally set-and-forget simplicity,
Old 07-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Received 418 Likes on 204 Posts

It wasn't really the grip I had a problem with, just the tightness of the collar. It turned easily once I applied the force of my channel lock pliers to it, wrapped in 3 layers of T shirt fabric. My frustration probably came mostly from the fact that all my pieces were much more stubborn than those on the how-to video. Vlad confirmed that they had assured everything would go smoothly before shooting it so the viewers wouldn't be subjected to lots of attempts, but he also said their test subject really was pretty easy to get the parts to come loose. The only two really tight pieces I encountered were the aforementioned collar and the switch assembly (the one that has the AWD/4WD slider and the sport and auto start/stop buttons) which was so tight I feared breaking it by pulling up on it, but it finally popped out with no broken tabs. Everything else was very easy.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:29 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

I was one of the test subjects. The collar on mine was tight but not excessively so. It would seems we bracket both ends of the spectrum on that. It is indeed surprising how tightly the various pop-out pieces fit. You really do have to give a firm, quick YANK on the silver piece that sits in the console (the piece that the shifter column rides front/back in). And the button assembly. Make note of the various small bits of rubberized or otherwise flexible trim in a few places. All to help eliminate squeaks and rattles, I suppose.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:34 PM
westsiderkg
Banned

Question about the T-Design sport mode module.

If I keep my 958 in sport mode, what will happen with pasm (suspension) settings everytime I start the cars ignition?

For instance, if I shut the car ignition off in sport mode, and pasm in comfort mode, will the car restart in sport/comfort or sport/sport?

My ideal setting is sport/comfort. Hope this is the option to remain in last setting.

Csn anyone chime in who has the tdesign module? Vlad didn't know for certain. Tks.

Quick Reply: Auto Stop... STOPPED. T-Design9 memory module for Cayenne