Sponsored by:

2009 CTT - good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 01:13 PM
divil
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default 2009 CTT - good deal?

Does 19-20K sound a bit too low for a 2009 CTT? 98K miles. I went to look at this car yesterday. The only issues I could find were an oil leak (cause unknown - dripping form a bolt hole in the belly pan) and the seats/carpets badly needed to be cleaned. I'm a little worried that the leather might be permanently discoloured, but the seller says it will clean up like new:

He's asking just under 21K, but told me that the offer to beat is 19K (from Carmax apparently).

The nice thing is, he's the original owner and seems like a good guy. His mechanic is happy to talk to me about the car, but I haven't called him yet. The owner did not know about the oil leak, but says he'll fix it.

It's just really hard to gauge the value of these. Asking prices are all over the place!
Old 04-16-2017, 03:11 PM
BamaScoot
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Options? PDCC? Maintenance history? Any wrecks? Mods?
Old 04-16-2017, 03:17 PM
divil
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Options wise, it doesn't have anything fancy. No PDCC. It has the towing package which is the big one for me. Other than that, just the typical stuff. It does have bluetooth which is nice.

No mods or wrecks according to the owner and carfax report. It does have a minor scrape on the front bumper from a parking incident.

I will have to talk to the mechanic about maintenance history. The owner doesn't keep copies himself. But he did say it has not needed much beyond the obvious consumables.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:45 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That price sounds fine at that mileage and condition with no PDCC--take him up on offer to chat to mechanic, and if he is fixing oil leak, great. Maybe you can put in an offer contingent on the seats cleaning up?

Make sure the coolant pipes have been addressed [making sure they don't slide out in the 957TT]

Quick Reply: 2009 CTT - good deal?