Sponsored by:

ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:06 AM
jones8430
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by touareg
Thanks, could someone post the pic of the icon in the android and apple store?

Or the exact name? Want to make sure I get the correct application.

I will order the one in the link, I picked HK shipping 10 to 30 business days.
I just scanned the bar code that came with packageing, You dont need the hardware to download it, I will try and get a pic of the bar code tonight,
The android app name is "M-Diag" it has a black square box with an Orange M in the middle.
hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:11 AM
jones8430
AutoX

Thanks, could someone post the pic of the icon in the android and apple store?

Or the exact name? Want to make sure I get the correct application.

I will order the one in the link, I picked HK shipping 10 to 30 business days.

try scanning this
Old 04-26-2017, 08:30 AM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The Apple iOS app is EZDiag. I am still waiting for their tech support to come back with remedy as app fails to initialize and run diagnostics.

Here are pictures I just took from the car, https://www.flickr.com/gp/123860615@N08/31W72r
1. I verified Bluetooth connectivity to the device
2. I start the EZDiag app
3. It successfully communicates with the device, but says “Diag File” is not downloaded.
4. I click the “Download Dial File” and it fails, and nothing happens.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:22 AM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks for the info guys, I may cancel my order though.

Where can I purchase this in the US?

After paying with paypal they asked for a copy of my Drivers License, front and back and I don't think I feel comfortable doing that. Have not had someone request that for a mail order since 1990s
Old 04-26-2017, 11:24 AM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by deilenberger
It's back! And it appears they now have software for your iPhone (besides the already available Android software.)

It's been NLA for a while - but today on FaceBook they announced it was back with a new one. You can find it at: http://www.obd2tool.com/goods-5052-L...r+Android.html

What's it do? Probably everything that Durametric Pro does for a fraction of the price, with unlimited number of cars - and software for LOTS of other car manufacturers. A much more universal tool, having detailed diagnostics for our Cayennes. Cost - $158. With a choice of 5 car manufacturers software included. It uses the "Launch" software package - and they are a very well known maker of high-price diagnostics tools.

I own a Durametric. I haven't used it in about a year - since I got the ICarScan.

ICarScan is much easier to use than the Durametric since it works with my Android smartphone, no need to boot up a computer and plug it into the computer. It connects via Bluetooth to the phone. I carry it in the Cayenne since it's tiny and can be used anytime I have my phone along (about 100% of the time.) So far I haven't found anything I can't do with it that could be done with the Porsche PWIS. Doesn't mean there isn't - but I haven't found it yet. It resets all the different service reminders. Resets adaptatations. Reads out real-time values and can plot them. Can read and clear codes stored in any of the vehicle modules.

DISCLAIMER: I get nothing for posting this except hoping to encourage the company to continue producing it, since that means there will be software updates for the one I already own. I like it. I think it's good value. YMMV - but I don't think so.
Did they ask for a copy of your Driver's License? How did you pay? I assume this is the same company on amazon, just a little more since with shipping they wanted $190 vs $218 here
Amazon Amazon
Old 04-26-2017, 11:31 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I would not send my drivers license either. That is a ludicrous request.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:10 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Did they ask for a copy of your Driver's License? How did you pay? I assume this is the same company on amazon, just a little more since with shipping they wanted $190 vs $218 here https://www.amazon.com/iCarScan-Diag...aunch+icarscan
No - there was no request for any additional information. I believe I paid with Paypal - which has a credit card for funding. It's been over a year - so digging back on exact details is sketchy - but I can assure you, I never sent any ID information to anyone. Don't do that.

As far as the same company - maybe not. The Amazon one is fullfilled by CarOBDII. The other one is direct to www.obd2tool.com - I can imagine there may be more than one company distributing/selling the tool, but without more information it's not possible to determine that.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:31 PM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by deilenberger
No - there was no request for any additional information. I believe I paid with Paypal - which has a credit card for funding. It's been over a year - so digging back on exact details is sketchy - but I can assure you, I never sent any ID information to anyone. Don't do that.

As far as the same company - maybe not. The Amazon one is fullfilled by CarOBDII. The other one is direct to www.obd2tool.com - I can imagine there may be more than one company distributing/selling the tool, but without more information it's not possible to determine that.
Thanks, yep paid with paypal. Amazon one looks the same, so may go with that once I get confirmation my paypal was refunded.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:43 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by jbse39
The Apple iOS app is EZDiag. I am still waiting for their tech support to come back with remedy as app fails to initialize and run diagnostics.

Here are pictures I just took from the car, https://www.flickr.com/gp/123860615@N08/31W72r
1. I verified Bluetooth connectivity to the device
2. I start the EZDiag app
3. It successfully communicates with the device, but says “Diag File” is not downloaded.
4. I click the “Download Dial File” and it fails, and nothing happens.
Interesting. The wording under the bar-code in the photo above almost sounds as if you have to first install the app obtained from the barcode, and then download another app using some ability within the iOS application. I wonder if the "DIAG FILE" is the actual vehicle manufacturer software..

Have you attempted to download a Porsche specific file of any type?

If I can steal my wife's iPhone I may take a shot at it to see what the thing looks like.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:45 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

What android app are you using with this? This is the hardware I bought:
http://www.obd2tool.com/goods.php?id=5052

I tried the QR code (http://golo.x431.com/go/?id=80) that's included in the packaging, but it fails to installed stating the package is corrupted. The filename is 'M-Diag-V6.0.0.apk'

Could someone else here at least try downloading that apk onto one of their android devices to see if it's actually corrupted? It won't load on my Galaxy S7.

I did manage to get it to load on an older Nexus 7 tablet.

I know there's considerable piracy and in-fighting among the various OBD dongle makers, thus all the hoops one has to jump through. I bought mine direct from obd2tool.com but have received no replies from their support.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:22 PM
jones8430
AutoX

Originally Posted by wkearney99
What android app are you using with this? This is the hardware I bought:
http://www.obd2tool.com/goods.php?id=5052

I tried the QR code (http://golo.x431.com/go/?id=80) that's included in the packaging, but it fails to installed stating the package is corrupted. The filename is 'M-Diag-V6.0.0.apk'

Could someone else here at least try downloading that apk onto one of their android devices to see if it's actually corrupted? It won't load on my Galaxy S7.

I did manage to get it to load on an older Nexus 7 tablet.

I know there's considerable piracy and in-fighting among the various OBD dongle makers, thus all the hoops one has to jump through. I bought mine direct from obd2tool.com but have received no replies from their support.
Hi , I used the app in the photo above for my android Motorola , tried it tonight all worked good, I had to pick 5 cars and 3 tools, connected to my porsche and renault no problem,
bought mine from Obd2tool.com delivered from china to uk in 3 days
the only problem I wanted to cure was my headlights after fitting new ballasts it shows error " check headlight beam adjustment "but the diagnostics show headlights L and R not installed and I cannot install them through the gateway.

great tool, Recomend buying, easy to use for beginner like me.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:49 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

I managed to get that app to load on a Nexus 7 tablet, and my wife's Galaxy S6. I'm wondering if the app won't work on the latest update of android...
Old 04-27-2017, 03:11 PM
touareg
Drifting

So can this device do coding or not?

Or only output tests (calibrations, etc)
Old 04-27-2017, 04:01 PM
jones8430
AutoX

Hi I managed to code my renault to change from auto handbrake to no auto handbrake which I needed to do
But I could not manage to code the Porsche as it kept giving a fail each time I tried to turn off my TPMS.
Hope this helps
Old 04-27-2017, 04:34 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

It would depend on what is it you'd be wanting to change. And it varies depending on the year of the vehicle.

More recent ones have, apparently, become more dependent on being programmed via the dealer/service PIWIS interfaces. Not just because of a money-grab, that's certainly part of it, but also because there's multiple modules that often have to be re-programmed together. As in button clusters being re-programmed along with the modules controlling the functions they actuate.

As for total control over all features, no, these interfaces aren't going to do everything a wired PIWIS connection can perform.

Quick Reply: ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.