Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:09 AM
cisco150
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would the Foxwell NT510 be better for a 955 2006 cayenne base model or is this icarscan same or better.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by cisco150
would the Foxwell NT510 be better for a 955 2006 cayenne base model or is this icarscan same or better.
What is a Foxwell NT510? And without having them side by side with a 2006 Cayenne to hook them up to - it would be impossible to answer that question.

Looked one up - the Porsche function list looked OK: http://www.foxwelltool.com/upload/pr...list-v1_00.pdf - costs more than an iCarScan, but is a standalone product.. Wonder when updates are done and how many..
Old 04-15-2018, 09:43 AM
kennyt
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered iCarScan from obd2tool.com April 11 and the order status is still not shipped. Emailed them several times and no response. For those who bought the device what’s your experience with them? Thanks
Old 04-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyt
I ordered iCarScan from obd2tool.com April 11 and the order status is still not shipped. Emailed them several times and no response. For those who bought the device what’s your experience with them? Thanks
I seem to recall them taking a week to ship mine. You're probably fine.

BTW, I like this tool a lot. For the Cayenne, it seems to do all the stuff I ever used Durametric for, and it's way more convenient. For my wife's 2013 Mercedes GL it's incredible - - loads of information and otherwise dealer-only settings are made available. That's a big deal as the cheap (ELM 327) OBD scanners can't reset even basic codes on the Mercedes (which seems to throw a ghost code at least once a year). Now that the Benz is out of warranty its nice to know I have the ability troubleshoot/repair without taking it to the dealer.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:13 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Brainz

BTW, I like this tool a lot. For the Cayenne, it seems to do all the stuff I ever used Durametric for, and it's way more convenient. For my wife's 2013 Mercedes GL it's incredible - - loads of information and otherwise dealer-only settings are made available. That's a big deal as the cheap (ELM 327) OBD scanners can't reset even basic codes on the Mercedes (which seems to throw a ghost code at least once a year). Now that the Benz is out of warranty its nice to know I have the ability troubleshoot/repair without taking it to the dealer.

+1 on the tool for both Cayenne and Mercedes as I have both. The gymnastics on doing trans fluid on the MB is essentially the same as the Cayenne and the tool worked perfectly on reading trans temp on Cayenne during recent trans servicing....I will now be doing the same on the MB. It already paid for itself in just that one service.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:29 PM
kennyt
Instructor

Originally Posted by 95_993
+1 on the tool for both Cayenne and Mercedes as I have both. The gymnastics on doing trans fluid on the MB is essentially the same as the Cayenne and the tool worked perfectly on reading trans temp on Cayenne during recent trans servicing....I will now be doing the same on the MB. It already paid for itself in just that one service.
can you elaborate on reading the trans temp? What’s the logic behind that?
Old 04-15-2018, 01:56 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

^^^ When changing and filling transmission, you need to monitor trans fluid temp to ensure proper fill level at 40 degree C.^^^^
Old 04-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Tex Willer
Track Day

I finally bought one myself, through Amazon. I haven't used other tools, so do you all know, are the menus and options the same in different tools (ICarScan, Durametric, PIWIS)? I understand that support for some features can be missing, if related parameter is not programmed in the software, but those that are there, are they always organized the same way by the module in the other tools as well? For example, I was looking to check side mirrors, which should be controlled by the door module, but I couldn't find them from ICarScan.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for this kind of questions, which would gradually become a kind of user manual for the software, unless someone has already written one. Have you seen software updates and capabilities added to the tool?
Old 04-16-2018, 12:51 PM
kennyt
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brainz

they finally responded after Skype, text messages and emails. Apparently they have a new model coming out on April 20 so it’s pre-order at the moment. They include 10 software features instead of 8 for the pre-order.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:49 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Tex Willer
I finally bought one myself, through Amazon. I haven't used other tools, so do you all know, are the menus and options the same in different tools (ICarScan, Durametric, PIWIS)? I understand that support for some features can be missing, if related parameter is not programmed in the software, but those that are there, are they always organized the same way by the module in the other tools as well? For example, I was looking to check side mirrors, which should be controlled by the door module, but I couldn't find them from ICarScan.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for this kind of questions, which would gradually become a kind of user manual for the software, unless someone has already written one. Have you seen software updates and capabilities added to the tool?
The Durametric is a classic Windows type interface - quite different from the EZScan smartphone based menu structure. There are many things both can do. There are some things, especially on the 958 series that the Durametric seems to have issues with. And for the side mirrors - if it's not in the door module - check the Gateway. LOTS of stuff is controlled via the Gateway - that sometimes sends messages to the other modules, so control of things like the door mirror may start in the door with the switch to move them, go to the Gateway to get sorted out, then go back to the door module to be executed. The path isn't always simple. If I have time later I'll poke around and see if I can find where the mirrors can be controlled from.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Any way to delete all the extraneous reports under My Report that get generated as I can't seem to find a way to delete them? I tried to obvious as well a deleting the files which seemed to correspond to them in the folders but that didn't seem to do anything. I'd prefer not doing an uninstall/reinstall if I can avoid it.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:21 PM
Jmoya
2nd Gear

Default Icarscan adblue level reset

Hi all new to Porsche and forum, I have a 2013 Porsche cayenne diesel and currently have a 20 miles add adblue or won't restart issue. Closest dealer is 225 miles away. Had tregy tdi before and vcds had the function to reset adblue level/unlock but won't work on cayenne. Filled with 18l of adblueand followed with The 30 seconds with key on wont work. Does the icarscan have the capability of resetting unlocking adblue scr tank level? Durametric doesn't per company rep.
thanks!

Last edited by Jmoya; 04-26-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Filled with adblue
Old 04-26-2018, 05:52 PM
vandal968
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you refill the tank? Owner's manual makes it sound like that's all that's required: http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...filling-AdBlue

c
Old 05-04-2018, 12:13 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

10 manufacturers or 10 modules?
Old 05-04-2018, 01:35 AM
cisco150
6th Gear

What special features can we choose from and do we have to choose all 10 at one time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.