Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time wrenching on the CTT.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 07:05 PM
uphoto
Pro

Received 315 Likes on 132 Posts
Default First time wrenching on the CTT.....

Did an oil change, changed out the PDCC reservoir and replaced wiper blades so nothing big but had a few little hiccups.

When trying to get to the oil filter I put a little too much pressure on the PDCC hoses that are mounted RIGHT in the way and the rubber grommet that holds the hose bracket broke off. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I would think this is a fairly common thing and I need to replace them. Right now I have zip ties holding it in place.

I ordered a reservoir for the PDCC from pelican and it looked right and even had the same part number but when I pulled the original and went to put the replacement in I noticed it didn't have the same mounting tabs or brackets! It's just sitting in there right now nice and snug so I think it will be okay but what that was not a welcomed surprise.....

Took way to long to accomplish but next time should be super easy. Any tips on getting around those hoses when changing the oil filter?
Old 04-11-2017, 08:18 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

I can tell you it wont be the last!
Old 04-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say, the wiper change on the Cayenne is probably the easiest from any car out there. Never mind any other repairs. Lol
Old 04-12-2017, 12:47 PM
BlackTurboS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know EXACTLY which hoses/lines you are talking about when trying to access the oil filter. Mine were zip tied to the frame right by the oil filter when I bought the car two years ago, and my local Porsche shop told me to keep it that way. Thus, every time I do an oil change I cut the zip tie, gently move the lines out of the way, replace the filter, and then use a new zip tie to tie it back up to the frame. At first I felt like I was doing my Cayenne an injustice by Zip tying a line to the frame, but after my friend who is a Porsche tech confirmed its OK, I'm good with it. I zip tie it tight, and haven't had any issues in over 20k miles.

Possibly the worst placement of a line I have ever witnessed. The first time I popped the plastic off the bottom and found the oil filter I said "What the F*** is this?!?!?!"

I actually switched to using my MityVac Oil Extractor for my Oil Changes. I know I know, there are threads on this and people have made fun of me for doing it. But I tested it out, I actually extract more oil with my MityVac than I do letting the Oil drain out of the pan. So I stick with it.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:13 PM
uphoto
Pro

Received 315 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_Turbo
All I can say, the wiper change on the Cayenne is probably the easiest from any car out there. Never mind any other repairs. Lol
hahaha but I will admit it took me a few minutes to figure out which adapter to use but yes it's almost too easy, I was expecting some German reasoning for making it tougher

Originally Posted by BlackTurboS
I know EXACTLY which hoses/lines you are talking about when trying to access the oil filter. Mine were zip tied to the frame right by the oil filter when I bought the car two years ago, and my local Porsche shop told me to keep it that way. Thus, every time I do an oil change I cut the zip tie, gently move the lines out of the way, replace the filter, and then use a new zip tie to tie it back up to the frame. At first I felt like I was doing my Cayenne an injustice by Zip tying a line to the frame, but after my friend who is a Porsche tech confirmed its OK, I'm good with it. I zip tie it tight, and haven't had any issues in over 20k miles.

Possibly the worst placement of a line I have ever witnessed. The first time I popped the plastic off the bottom and found the oil filter I said "What the F*** is this?!?!?!"

I actually switched to using my MityVac Oil Extractor for my Oil Changes. I know I know, there are threads on this and people have made fun of me for doing it. But I tested it out, I actually extract more oil with my MityVac than I do letting the Oil drain out of the pan. So I stick with it.
I knew it! I was looking at it thinking "I'm sure there have been plenty of people looking at these hoses thinking WTF is going on here?"
Old 04-28-2017, 12:23 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

Hey. I just did the same thing. Here is the part from ecs tuning. Replaced all 3 and it's perfect!

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/95534363810/

Quick Reply: First time wrenching on the CTT.....