Sponsored By:

New to me 2012 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 02:02 PM
pilfjd
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to me 2012 Cayenne

My wife and I are manual transmission fanatics and that's what each of us have exclusively driven in both of our car ownership histories. We have been on the search for a 6 speed manual Cayenne for over 6 months. If we were able to special order one new from the factory, we would've but unfortunately we were relegated to trying to find a nice CPO'd version. We've found a total of 4 or 5 of them during our search and were ready to pull the trigger only to have them bought out from under us. Towards the end of our search, I was ready to compromise and order a Macan (we also love small nimble cars and the Macan was perfectly sized for us), but my wife (who's a lot smarter than I) held her position and insisted we continue our search. She takes great personal offense the notion that "the wife" does not want to drive a manual. A month later, we found a nicely maintained and well optioned 2012 CPO'd version in Houston. I flew out and drove it back over 1500 miles to our home and it was well worth the wait. It was everything we both imagined it would be and more! Too bad they aren't still offered by Porsche... for all the custom order goodness they offer, you'd think that would be a simple one to offer. So now we have 2 P-car's in our garage.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Bayou_Flyer
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride(s)! I am on a similar hunt.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:55 PM
pilfjd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bayou_Flyer
Nice ride(s)! I am on a similar hunt.
Thanks! Good luck with your search! It was well worth the wait for me, even tho I almost settled for something I didn't really want.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:07 PM
BKCO
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the 958 6spd club.

Purchased mine last August and couldn't be happier- it really is a unique beast.
The base vr6 is OK, nothing spectacular, but the ability to row your own is always a joy. Here is mine next to it's (much) slower diesel brother.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:29 AM
pilfjd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BKCO
Congrats and welcome to the 958 6spd club.

Purchased mine last August and couldn't be happier- it really is a unique beast.
The base vr6 is OK, nothing spectacular, but the ability to row your own is always a joy. Here is mine next to it's (much) slower diesel brother.
Thanks, yeah the VR6 is good enough for me. It felt a little sluggish in the '17 base that we test drove but really wakes up with the manual. I love those old MB diesels, very cool.

Quick Reply: New to me 2012 Cayenne