Sponsored by:

P0343 Code Showing Up AGAIN??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 11:01 PM
quikslvr1
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0343 Code Showing Up AGAIN??

Recently had the starter replaced and new plugs installed on my '04 Cayenne at 123k miles back on February 10 of this year. Afterwards, the car ran smooth, strong & trouble free until recently when the dreaded CEL activated. A local shop diagnosed 'P0343 Bank 1 camshaft position sensor'. I just had the camshaft position sensor replaced in July of 2016 so I'm thinking it shouldn't have failed already, or are there circumstances which could cause this?
Also, I can tell the car runs differently when the CEL is on. (No blinking, just a steady light) Is the car's performance affected somehow when the CEL is on as sort of a protective mechanism?

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2017, 11:27 PM
Hotrodaxel1976
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with that one brother. Don't burn your car just yet, lol
Old 03-07-2022, 10:25 AM
MadeInStuttgart
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Cayenne P0343 Code

Old thread, but my 2004 Cayenne 4.5 is experiencing the same issue. Just replaced the cam shaft sensor but the code persists. I have not replaced the starter motor but considering. Did you ever find a solution?

Originally Posted by quikslvr1
Recently had the starter replaced and new plugs installed on my '04 Cayenne at 123k miles back on February 10 of this year. Afterwards, the car ran smooth, strong & trouble free until recently when the dreaded CEL activated. A local shop diagnosed 'P0343 Bank 1 camshaft position sensor'. I just had the camshaft position sensor replaced in July of 2016 so I'm thinking it shouldn't have failed already, or are there circumstances which could cause this?
Also, I can tell the car runs differently when the CEL is on. (No blinking, just a steady light) Is the car's performance affected somehow when the CEL is on as sort of a protective mechanism?

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2022, 10:39 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

The only thing I can think of is maybe someone confused the camshaft sensor with the crankshaft sensor.
Oh wait, I want to change my answer... also could be damage to the wire or at the plug connection to the sensor.

I see zero correlation to the starter. I think the other poster only mentioned that anecdotally.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:55 PM
MadeInStuttgart
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I think I’ve narrowed it down to ECM. Getting voltage from a pin that shouldn’t. The hunt continues!

Originally Posted by thesteve
The only thing I can think of is maybe someone confused the camshaft sensor with the crankshaft sensor.
Oh wait, I want to change my answer... also could be damage to the wire or at the plug connection to the sensor.

I see zero correlation to the starter. I think the other poster only mentioned that anecdotally.

Quick Reply: P0343 Code Showing Up AGAIN??