Sponsored by:

2005 Porsche Cayenne Transmission Crossmember Interchangeable

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 05:00 PM
PorscheMonster
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Porsche Cayenne Transmission Crossmember Interchangeable

I was wondering if I could use a V6 Porsche Cayenne Transmission Crossmember on my 4.5 S V8 Non-turbo 955 ?? Same model year car but I noticed when I purchased my car that this past was rusting and I just recently found of free for a great deal. What do you guys think?

They seem to look somewhat identical; but will everything line up properly and can the crossmember support a bigger engine, plus transmission weight??

Also I'm trying to bullet proof this thing, even if it means slight in-car cabin rattles but my other question would be if you guys think it's possible to remove the hydrolic motor mount fluid and fill them with high heat resistant tar or caulk the will rubberize??

Thank you and I apologize if these are terrible questions but yes I'm new here and its almost time to start servicing my car; so I simply want to do it properly... also yes, I will be tracking/racing this car on occasion but it will also sometimes be my DD.

Thanks again all!! 😊
Old 01-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default NOPE...

The 3.2L V6 crossmember is not strong enough for the 4.5L V8. eBay sells many boneyard V8 ones for under $100/shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ember&_sacat=0
Old 01-01-2017, 07:42 PM
PorscheMonster
Intermediate

Thanks for the response Dilberto!

What would be the difference is the metal weaker? Mount weaker? Doesn't line up properly?
Old 01-01-2017, 07:49 PM
PorscheMonster
Intermediate

OK so is the Porsche Cayenne V8 Turbo the same bracket as the Non-turbo V8?? I'm guessing they are the same engine but more modded on the turbo??!?? Also, my crossmember does not have that red thing on the left/top of the photo.. is that some type of important bushing for these cars??

Last edited by PorscheMonster; 01-02-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 2005 Porsche Cayenne Transmission Crossmember Interchangeable