Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been a long time, Rennlist...2006 Cayenne Turbo@$22K--good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 02:46 PM
997PT2C4S
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a nice 2006 Turbo that I might be selling. It's a very clean example with only 72k miles. Located in Virginia right outside D.C.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:27 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking car 997PT2--gotta buy from a dealer until/unless I can trade my 2007 S8. As an aside, I have just re-upped my RL membership for 2 years as a sacrifice to the Porsche Gods, so hopefully my luck will turn during my search. Thanks for the help so far!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:33 PM
1FlossedM3
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm also in the market for a 07-2011 S/Turbo Cayenne.

I only want one with proper maintenance done however.

Good luck ventoGT! They are great trucks.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Lionworks Auto
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1FlossedM3
I'm also in the market for a 07-2011 S/Turbo Cayenne.

I only want one with proper maintenance done however.

Good luck ventoGT! They are great trucks.
Check the euro car link. 1 owner. Good shape
Old 01-06-2017, 10:42 PM
1FlossedM3
Pro

Originally Posted by Lionworks Auto
Check the euro car link. 1 owner. Good shape
Checking the carfax its been for sale for an eternity. Wonder why. Good price too.. people likely scared of maintenance issues?
Old 01-07-2017, 09:37 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

The Eurocar looks nice but

1--Gray/Silver one of least favorite colors [beige basically the only color I won't consider]
2--Soft look leather is a no-go for me at this point--every time I see it I like it less
3--Those brakes...$$$$$$$
4--$20K+ is just too high at this point for any 955 with 75K+ miles, as the minute I take ownership of it it's worth $15K-ish.

An interesting sidenote--based on my search thus far, 955TTS don't bring better money [sold, not advertised] than the Turbos, no matter what the sticker price was. I don't know how Porsche sold ANY of them when new with that price uptick, with basically zero difference in options besides the power pack with 50hp, bigger brakes and an "S" badge.

Since I will have this car for the next 8-10 years, I'm trying to use my head not my heart when buying--it is going to take some time but I'm confident I'll find the right car
Old 01-07-2017, 09:56 AM
1FlossedM3
Pro

Originally Posted by ventoGT
The Eurocar looks nice but

1--Gray/Silver one of least favorite colors [beige basically the only color I won't consider]
2--Soft look leather is a no-go for me at this point--every time I see it I like it less
3--Those brakes...$$$$$$$
4--$20K+ is just too high at this point for any 955 with 75K+ miles, as the minute I take ownership of it it's worth $15K-ish.

An interesting sidenote--based on my search thus far, 955TTS don't bring better money [sold, not advertised] than the Turbos, no matter what the sticker price was. I don't know how Porsche sold ANY of them when new with that price uptick, with basically zero difference in options besides the power pack with 50hp, bigger brakes and an "S" badge.

Since I will have this car for the next 8-10 years, I'm trying to use my head not my heart when buying--it is going to take some time but I'm confident I'll find the right car
Agreed. Buy what you want!

Let me know if you see any you pass on.. i prefer an 08+ though, even shopping GTS now.

I'm in Upstate NY, I see your in Mass.. likely not far away!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:20 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

I will definitely keep you in the loop on anything I pass on flossed--There was a blue 08 Turbo in NJ that is still being advertised but I missed by a bit at a place called Adam's Auto in Parsippany I think...just FYI that truck sold for $24K 2008TT Blue/Gray with PDCC, 73K miles. That is my sweet spot with truck and pricing...I do love that blue color too. There is a guy trying to sell a low mile 05 in Western Mass for $31K haahaha--pretty truck but cracksmoking price--advertised prices are all over the place, little continuity so don't be afraid to put an offer in to start a discussion. The selling prices are much more reasonable than the advertised from the few datapoints I have been able to get. Anything in particular you are looking for option wise? Price point? I've been looking for ~6 weeks so have seen a lot of the ads out there

My buddy is a dealer down South and he has told me that even some dealers are getting razzed on the cars...several are either being idiots about price or got taken to the cleaners when they bought high after not doing homework and won't cut their losses--some dealer-to-dealer auction cars in the $30Ks AND EVEN MORE [asking and of course, not selling].
Old 01-07-2017, 11:00 AM
1FlossedM3
Pro

Originally Posted by ventoGT
I will definitely keep you in the loop on anything I pass on flossed--There was a blue 08 Turbo in NJ that is still being advertised but I missed by a bit at a place called Adam's Auto in Parsippany I think...just FYI that truck sold for $24K 2008TT Blue/Gray with PDCC, 73K miles. That is my sweet spot with truck and pricing...I do love that blue color too. There is a guy trying to sell a low mile 05 in Western Mass for $31K haahaha--pretty truck but cracksmoking price--advertised prices are all over the place, little continuity so don't be afraid to put an offer in to start a discussion. The selling prices are much more reasonable than the advertised from the few datapoints I have been able to get. Anything in particular you are looking for option wise? Price point? I've been looking for ~6 weeks so have seen a lot of the ads out there

My buddy is a dealer down South and he has told me that even some dealers are getting razzed on the cars...several are either being idiots about price or got taken to the cleaners when they bought high after not doing homework and won't cut their losses--some dealer-to-dealer auction cars in the $30Ks AND EVEN MORE [asking and of course, not selling].
Thanks man, really looking for a 08+ Turbo or GTS with solid maintenance history ot a 11/12 S.

I see some of these dealers have had their 07+ Turbos for like a YEAR and they aren't selling. Makes me hesistant to buy one. I'd almost rather locate a clean private owner example so I'm sure of the history. I prefer a black car. Black interior. Possibly white or silver if kept well. Price point is a deal.. under $28K I'd say.

There's a guy in CT with a silver one but he has it priced insanely at 34K (and he's pretty firm) because it has like 10 months of a CPO left. When it doesn't sell it's now worth $28K maybe in my opinion.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:58 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

If I were you I'd let the dealers in your area know you are a buyer as well--especially since you are considering the 958S, I'd bet they have some of those coming in on trade and you might be able to grab one before they just punt it to auction, as most Pcar dealers will just auction anything they can't CPO.

I think your pricepoint is fair for 08-09CTTs -- that is highish market in my opinion for a nice car in very good condition for 50-75K miles. I haven't cross shopped the 958 as I prefer the 955/57 and its low range capabilities. One thing that I have seen that is helpful is the site iseecars.com -- most of them have FREE Carfax reports [don't make the mistake I did and pay anything--they only let you search unlimited PLATES not VINs for the price so if you pay for a service do Autocheck]

Good luck and I'll PM you anything that I see in the upcoming weeks that I don't move on. Lots of black ones so you are in luck w/color. White is surprisingly almost nonexistent in TT trim, more GTS.

Quick Reply: Been a long time, Rennlist...2006 Cayenne Turbo@$22K--good deal?