Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 Valve Cover Gasket - Anything Else Along the Way?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 12:22 PM
AeroStress
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Default V6 Valve Cover Gasket - Anything Else Along the Way?

2005 V6: I am about the change the valve cover gasket and spark plug O-rings (the O-rings seems to fail every 100k or so for me). Along the way, I think I should be able to change this vacuum line bundle (which has gotten brittle and become tricky to work with)..I think this is it in the image below. I may also change the coolant temp sensor. Anything else that typically may fail or susceptible to degradation? I recently replaced the Venturi tube, but that is easy anyway. I am more interested in things that can only be done with the valve cover off. May as well get it now before it fails and then I have to redo that job.

Old 04-11-2024, 04:19 PM
khandielas
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might consider change the coolant hose if it was never been replaced.
The following users liked this post:
AeroStress (04-19-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 10:17 AM
Buddyscs
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AeroStress
2005 V6: I am about the change the valve cover gasket and spark plug O-rings (the O-rings seems to fail every 100k or so for me). Along the way, I think I should be able to change this vacuum line bundle (which has gotten brittle and become tricky to work with)..I think this is it in the image below. I may also change the coolant temp sensor. Anything else that typically may fail or susceptible to degradation? I recently replaced the Venturi tube, but that is easy anyway. I am more interested in things that can only be done with the valve cover off. May as well get it now before it fails and then I have to redo that job.
Most definitely change the PCV Valve Oil Separator if you are not changing your valve cover to a new one. They seem to be hard to find currently but here's an ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/32434541636...BoCTBkQAvD_BwE
The following users liked this post:
AeroStress (04-19-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 06:25 PM
AeroStress
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks guys...I may try to change both of those out as well.

Quick Reply: V6 Valve Cover Gasket - Anything Else Along the Way?