Sponsored By:

The Cayenne S E-Hybrid Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 02:40 AM
chiapet15
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
and I have Sport Plus mode btw
mudman2, in sport plus mode, at what % throttle does the electric motor kick in to boost the ICE?
Old 06-04-2017, 01:38 PM
asap
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
Say what ? surround view ?

do tell
Hi, sorry for the late response. But when reversing the PCM in my system has a 360º view of the car, quite useful for parallel parking, and for seeing things that the mirrors cannot see
Old 06-16-2017, 07:54 PM
xrtdr
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,
Not a lot of activity lately, is anyone still here?
I just bought my first Porsche--a certified preowned 2016 SEH.
I am excited to try the hybrid platform and have upgraded to Porsche from a 2011 Audi Q5.
Obviously, the drive is tank-like compared to the Q5, will take some getting used to.
My main issue today is the awful sound of the Bose system. I am utterly dejected over it. I've had the car 2 days and despite constant tweaking including the Eq settings of itunes and spotify, it sounds like AM radio, all compressed and tunnel-like. Sound is more enjoyable to me than the ride, so I need to remedy this. Does anyone have any useful info, such as aftermarket solutions that won't be more than a few grand? Anyone in the same boat, so to speak? Could there be a blown channel or fuse or something? I went back to the dealer today and told my sales guy how upset I am and he didn't think there was much he could do, but said his mgr would reach out tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:03 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I cannot really comment directly, but since I do have a hybrid albeit an S

I find the Bose to be pretty good, quality does change on Source. Jukebox is by far the best using M4a files

I guess its subjective, I have not had a bad sounding system since my 2003 model YR 955S but others have complained various over the years.

You may have a problem if it sounds that bad
Old 06-19-2017, 03:18 PM
thescratt
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

What mudman2 says. =)

I have had Bose in all my Cayennes, including my current hybrid. The one in my current one is as good as the one in my 2004 CTT was.

Playing with the sound settings can make a big difference, and it can be set individually for each sound source. I tend to find that it can be a bit tinny when I first switch to something new, and needs a bit of a tweak, but nothing like you describe.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:39 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chiapet15
mudman2, in sport plus mode, at what % throttle does the electric motor kick in to boost the ICE?
In Sport Plus Mode

You watch the left gauge and gas it hard to hit the BOOST section, very quick, then you get a BIG kick

Feel as little like my old TT

Not quite full throttle
Old 07-17-2017, 12:25 AM
sirish19
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartron
This is how ours is. Quite annoying really. We've just started locking the car with the rear driver-side door and then unlocking it 3 seconds later the same way. Then it works. The caveat is that you have to unlock it from a LOCKED state. Simply pressing unlock when already unlocked doesn't help.

EDIT: the key fob unlock trumps all and always unlocks the charger

I have the same complaint as Bartron. I have keyless entry and generally will go out to the car in the morning ready for my commute, with my keys in my briefcase, I will unlock the door by touching the handle, will put my briefcase in the back seat, take off my suit jacket and hang it on the coat hanger, take my hat off and put it in the back seat, and then put my coffee tumbler on the front armrest. I'll then close the door and go around to unplug the charger only to find it is locked again. This is all with the back door still open. Then I have to go and take the keys out of my briefcase, close the door, lock the door, and then unlock again in order to unlock the charger.

Our of curiosity, I did a little test and here is what I found. If you unlock the doors, they will automatically lock again in 30 seconds. However, the charger will lock itself again in 20 seconds (whether the doors are open or closed). To me, that is really too short of time to lock itself again as it gives you too short a time to take out the charger without rushing around the car to get it done in 20 seconds.

I think the purpose of having that lock into place is to prevent theft. It seems to me that you could extend that delay to over 1 minute and still not have any concern about someone stealing your charger....

Does anyone know if the dealer can program that delay?
Old 07-18-2017, 09:05 PM
xrtdr
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,
I am 6 weeks into owning a 2016 S E Hybrid.
I am wondering if it is bad to charge more than once daily.
Or in other words, does frequent charging accelerate the degradation of the battery?
Finally, what happens to battery capacity (ie range in E-mode) after a year, 2 years, etc?
Old 07-19-2017, 05:37 PM
thescratt
Instructor

I've charged more than once a day. But not very often. My hybrid is 2 years old now, and I charge at least once a day, and I have noticed no drop in capacity so far.

AFAIK the battery is warrantied for 7 years (in Europe at least).

Worst thing to do with any battery is leave it empty or on very low charge.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:41 AM
sixtosune
Instructor

Default New Plat Ed coming

I recently pulled the trigger on a new Platinum Edition S E-Hybrid for my house on the European side of the pond.

I'm aware of the imminent new model coming up, but since I'm no fan of the virtual buttons on the dash, I'm willing to sacrifice the bit of extra electric power and range of the upcoming model, for an example of the last Cayenne with real buttons on the dash.

The Special Edition package is also a good deal, to which I added a sizable chunk of options. I keep these cars for a long time, hence no special worries about deval. (I still have an ´08 Cayenne S that I've owned for the last 7 years which I love to bits, and a '10 911 GT3 which I'm only planning to sell when I'm able to secure an order for a new manual GT3).

I test drove a dealer loaner e-hybrid for a few days; definitely quite a different experience from the sweet V8 in my Cayenne S, but still one I should get used to, since despite the totally different drivetrain experience, they both feel like Cayennes.

My only gripe with the order was finding out that the sunscreen on the pano roof is a flimsy, translucent item... I might still go back and have this changed to a regular sunroof in the few days I still have before the build on my order goes to final lock... (especially since 80% of the expensive alcantara headliner I ordered will get blown out by the cheap plasticky pano roof screen).

In any case, the Wife and I should be picking up the new e-hybrid at the Leipzig Factory in just over 2 months, and drive it down to South Europe.

The build is Jet Black on 21" Jet Black Sport Classic Wheels, with black/cohiba leather and most of the goodies on the option list. Looking forward to entering the hybrid world via Porsche !

Name:  Final Config 05.jpg
Views: 5049
Size:  121.9 KB

Name:  Final Config 01.jpg
Views: 5016
Size:  67.8 KB

Last edited by sixtosune; 07-20-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:25 AM
thescratt
Instructor

Very nice sixtosune!

I 100% agree with you. I've tried the new Panamera with touch panels, and digital dash, and I am very happy I have the "analog" version of the hybrid. The new cockpits feel a little too flat and sterile for me, and there is lots more shiny plastic to reflect the sun in daylight too.

I also agree that the sun-blind is a bit flimsy looking, and it feels odd that it lets light in, but I've got used to it.

I'd recommend getting Sport Plus if you haven't already. Or is it standard on the Platinum?
Old 07-20-2017, 01:15 PM
sixtosune
Instructor

Originally Posted by thescratt
Very nice sixtosune!

I 100% agree with you. I've tried the new Panamera with touch panels, and digital dash, and I am very happy I have the "analog" version of the hybrid. The new cockpits feel a little too flat and sterile for me, and there is lots more shiny plastic to reflect the sun in daylight too.

I also agree that the sun-blind is a bit flimsy looking, and it feels odd that it lets light in, but I've got used to it.

I'd recommend getting Sport Plus if you haven't already. Or is it standard on the Platinum?
Tks ! Yep the Sport Plus mode is part of the ordered sport chrono package. Also got the PASM suspension, quite important on these babies too.

My only sad point is the hybrid not allowing to have the offroad low gear controls. I actually used them quite a few times in my 08 Cayenne S.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:10 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 104 Posts

The black/cohiba is nice, but be aware it's a bit brighter of a tan than the website pictures do justice. I have it in my '17 GTS.
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2017, 08:39 PM
sixtosune
Instructor

Thanks; that looks great!

I actually had originally ordered the interior in black/cream, but since I almost always wear jeans, I though that almost-white leather would need lots of upkeep... so I changed the order to black/ cohiba. The dev stitching on the dash looks very nice too.

Changes on my build not allowed after this coming Friday, so probably adding a cpl extra tidbits to my build by tomorrow. (chrome exhaust tips and the optional wall charge box)
Old 07-27-2017, 01:30 AM
Edman951
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should add the 7.2 kwh charger option if you havent yet.
Wallbox is a good idea, as is will make the regular unit a lot less clumsy to use and a great cable holder.
Love the dual voltage of the PD unit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Cayenne S E-Hybrid Thread