Sponsored by:

9" Android Radio Install Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hgupta
Couldn't get this code to work with the developer options, but it was helpful for extra settings. I only played with it for a few minutes, but I got RDS working on the radio, and now station name and song title appears on the screen!
How did you set this up? I dont any name on my screen when the radio is on.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:50 AM
hgupta
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vidyashankara
From my memory:

From settings go to extra settings. It asks for a code. Put in 123456

Then go to radio settings, and check RDS, and US. When you save everything and restart, the station name appears on the screen. Flip through various stations, and hopefully some of them will show station info. For me, it was only the bigger stations.

Clearly, there are a lot of options to play with here and to optimize it for our region and car.

This morning, Seicane said to try 7890 for developer options setting. Hopefully there is some good stuff there.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:08 AM
WarpedWheel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered mine last night! Excited to get it and finally be able to have better music selection.
A big thanks to all of you who are figuring out all the options!!
Old 06-10-2016, 11:51 AM
hgupta
Instructor

Originally Posted by WarpedWheel
Just ordered mine last night! Excited to get it and finally be able to have better music selection.
A big thanks to all of you who are figuring out all the options!!
You will love it! I know I am posting here a lot, but everyday I am excited to go to my car, and I hate that I never get a chance to stop at red lights anymore to play with this!

Last edited by hgupta; 06-10-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:05 PM
hgupta
Instructor

Actually, I realized that it is under Config Info. Check RDS.

Also to make your buttons on the left glow orange to match Porsche lighting, go to Panel Lighting in that same section, select "close", and then choose panel light color 1. Edit: nevermind ... there is a preinstalled app called color. Just use it to adjust the panel display color..its more accurate..

It will then match, like this picture: (Also showing the torque guage, Google Play Music widget, and the Google Now Launcher). Google now launcher works great. Buttons are big enough. And it is nice being able to just talk to your car: Say Google Now: it will pause the music, beep, and you can ask it any thing you want. For example-- "Google now", (beep), "Find me the nearest gas station".

Edit-- apparently I can program a car stereo, but can't get a picture to load upright. Sorry!
Attached Images  

Last edited by hgupta; 06-11-2016 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

Actually, I realized that it is under Config Info. Check RDS.

Also to make your buttons on the left glow orange to match Porsche lighting, go to Panel Lighting in that same section, select "close", and then choose panel light color 1.

It will then match, like this picture: (Also showing the torque guage, Google Play Music widget, and the Google Now Launcher). Google now launcher works great. Buttons are big enough. And it is nice being able to just talk to your car: Say Google Now: it will pause the music, beep, and you can ask it any thing you want. For example-- "Google now", (beep), "Find me the nearest gas station".

Edit-- apparently I can program a car stereo, but can't get a picture to load upright. Sorry!
I enabled the RDS and it worked briefly. I think I must have done something else and my radio stopped working now. All the channels show 87.90 and nothing is playing. I think I changed the car profile to Porsche on the extra settings. Anyone know what that does?
Old 06-10-2016, 03:58 PM
hgupta
Instructor

I enabled the RDS and it worked briefly. I think I must have done something else and my radio stopped working now. All the channels show 87.90 and nothing is playing. I think I changed the car profile to Porsche on the extra settings. Anyone know what that does?
Odd. I didn't see Porsche as a car profile option. I wonder if setting it as Porsche overwrote previous settings. Go back to the radio settings and make sure that it is still U.S.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

Yes, Its still set at USA. You see two profiles with Porsche there. Do you know whats been set for your car now?
Old 06-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

Got it to work again! I picked the wrong profile for the Porsche. Tef668 vs 662. Different radio drivers I guess.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:47 PM
destence
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Very excited about this unit and appreciate everyone taking the time to post about it. How long did the system take to arrive? Is it shipped from Asia?
Old 06-10-2016, 04:56 PM
hgupta
Instructor

Shipping was fast. About three days? The only option was express shipping, and it was not cheap.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

Mine took 4 days I think. They sent me a bad GPS antenna and cables, so they are sending me replacement cables. That will be delivered Monday and took 5 days.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:23 PM
hgupta
Instructor

Got it to work again! I picked the wrong profile for the Porsche. Tef668 vs 662. Different radio drivers I guess.
Did setting the profile as Porsche make any difference? And out of the two, which is the correct one?
Old 06-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

Did setting the profile as Porsche make any difference? And out of the two, which is the correct one?
No difference. It comes correctly installed from Factory. I changed it, and kinda messed up my radio. Pick the TEF668 chipset. The other profile is for a different radio chip.

I also messed up my bluetooth by selecting BC8 in the config info. But works once i reverted back to BC6.

Thank god no permanent problem. Best not to mess with these settings.

Do you know if there any widgets for iGo Primo? It would nice to see an overlay of map and favourites on the desktop.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Vidyashankara
Instructor

I just got the obd2 Bluetooth adaptor. How do I connect it? I connected to the port and I see it on the list of Bluetooth devices. But when I can't connect to it. It does not ask me for code when I tap on it. What do I do? When I long-tap it, it gives me three options neither of which does anything

Quick Reply: 9" Android Radio Install Review