Sponsored by:

Speedometer cluster help

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 07:06 PM
Modkart554
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer cluster help

Hi all, I have some cluster questions and after searching through here, I haven't found what I'm looking for, so here goes.
I have a 2004 CS and have the dreaded fading lcd display(California car), I purchased a replacement screen and while attempting to change it, I broke the hold down clip where the ribbon enters cluster board. Long story short, I need to buy a new cluster to replace mine as I cannot seem to find that part. Question is can I buy a 2003-2004 cluster with mileage close to mine, as used clusters retain info, and install without any issues? Or is there programming that needs to be done? Ie: immobilizer issues? Looking for a straight answer as I do not have any access to a dealer. I have found one using used parts request from a 2004 CS that is within 60 miles on it compared to my car and would buy it if I can just remove the old one and install. Thanks
Old 01-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

I have some spare parts from a dead cluster I bought just for the lens. PM me if interested.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Lionworks Auto
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Modkart554
Hi all, I have some cluster questions and after searching through here, I haven't found what I'm looking for, so here goes. I have a 2004 CS and have the dreaded fading lcd display(California car), I purchased a replacement screen and while attempting to change it, I broke the hold down clip where the ribbon enters cluster board. Long story short, I need to buy a new cluster to replace mine as I cannot seem to find that part. Question is can I buy a 2003-2004 cluster with mileage close to mine, as used clusters retain info, and install without any issues? Or is there programming that needs to be done? Ie: immobilizer issues? Looking for a straight answer as I do not have any access to a dealer. I have found one using used parts request from a 2004 CS that is within 60 miles on it compared to my car and would buy it if I can just remove the old one and install. Thanks
I have an 04 CTT and was able to swap the clusters no problem (albeit the turbo versions). I believe it was after 04 that they started incorporating the immobilizer in the actual cluster so they are interchangeable. Here's a cluster that should work for you...

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/141135024444
Old 01-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Modkart554
AutoX

Default speedo cluster help

Saabboteur, pm sent
Old 03-05-2017, 11:06 PM
John Rose
Advanced

http://www.hitechserv.com/contact-us
Remove the cluster and send it here it will be back in a week for $185 . They did mine 8 months ago

Quick Reply: Speedometer cluster help