Sponsored by:

HELP Trying to switch to winter wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 01:25 AM
Vettekiller
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP Trying to switch to winter wheels

I have read the manual and all of the posts about tire changes on rennlist and 6speedonline. The problem I am encountering is after I set the car (08 CTT) into jack mode the warning will pop up that regulation mode is off. When I go to lift the car from the jack point it appears that the suspension is not locked out. I can jack it way up without the wheel leaving the ground. Am I missing something? It all seemed straightforward. It doesn't seem right that when I've tried jacking up the car when the regulation is off or on the suspension doesn't appear to be locked. I thought that possibly I needed to drive the car around the block to build up the pressure in order to lockout the suspension but that didn't fix it.

I also called my local dealer and they just basically told me to lock out the suspension by the same means that I have been trying. Any ideas? Or is it time for a dealer suspension check up?
Old 11-11-2015, 01:07 AM
Vettekiller
5th Gear

Stopped at the dealer today and they told me I should be good you just have to jack it way up. So I will be trying again tomorrow. Anyone know exactly how high they had to lift there cayenne before the wheel came off of the ground?
Old 12-07-2015, 03:55 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I use a Craftsman jack after locking it-and getting the "off" display. Just jack it up until the tire is off the ground.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Vettekiller
5th Gear

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I use a Craftsman jack after locking it-and getting the "off" display. Just jack it up until the tire is off the ground.
Hey thanks, got them switched out. I just had to jack it up higher than what felt right. Thanks

Quick Reply: HELP Trying to switch to winter wheels