Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I get around the MAFs and dash lights ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 04:23 PM
hymtnce
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I get around the MAFs and dash lights ?

Was told this week our 2006 Titanium N/A S model will need new MAFs. (for 755 bucks of course)

Well, To be honest, I think the wife is tired of the little annoying details of owning a European car, so now is the perfect time to put her back in a chevy Tahoe. LOL

The local Dealers don't really want a porsche with over a 100k miles... So I am thinking very seriously about turning this one into a play car.

I have begged her for two years now to let me put an exhaust and better air box in place... I believe it will sound Amazing, and even be playful tuned a little better.

So, is there a way for me to by pass the MAFs, add an open air filter system, cut off the cats and of course, the 300 lb looking exhasut too.??

I took the car by a local exhaust shop and he was clueless to what would be needed. LOL
Old 10-27-2015, 05:01 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Can't really get rid of the MAF's without a standalone injection system. And they last over 100K so that's fine compared to another car payment. They are made by Bosch so don't pay dealer prices for this item. Just need the Bosch part:
http://www.rmeuropean.com/Part-Numbe..._94E6B777.aspx
So if you can turn a wrench they will come to $453 for the pair.
That was a quick search and a reputable Bosch vendor but if you take the part number off their website you might find them for a little less. Just make sure it is someone selling the Bosch part and not just listing the Porsche or Bosch number for a cheap knockoff and you'll be good on these for another 100K+. Can't get much more power out of the normally aspirated V8 without dumping a lot of money but yes, you can get a better sound. If you can remove the Secondary Cat's you should be able to pass emissions still and get a better sound, and pick up a couple of HP (you get more power from removing these on the Turbos).
Old 10-27-2015, 05:44 PM
hymtnce
Cruisin'

Thanks for the heads up on the MAFs.

I will look at just removing the secondary cats too.

I was thinking of going with an exhaust system, but some of the ones I looked up were very pricey!

Have to remember, I am used to playing with domestic cars and I added flow masters to my SSR for a couple hundred bucks! LOL

The added sound was amazing tho. Not ridiculously loud, but a lot more growl and rumble going thru the gears.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:11 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hymtnce
Was told this week our 2006 Titanium N/A S model will need new MAFs. (for 755 bucks of course)

Well, To be honest, I think the wife is tired of the little annoying details of owning a European car, so now is the perfect time to put her back in a chevy Tahoe. LOL

The local Dealers don't really want a porsche with over a 100k miles... So I am thinking very seriously about turning this one into a play car.

I have begged her for two years now to let me put an exhaust and better air box in place... I believe it will sound Amazing, and even be playful tuned a little better.

So, is there a way for me to by pass the MAFs, add an open air filter system, cut off the cats and of course, the 300 lb looking exhasut too.??

I took the car by a local exhaust shop and he was clueless to what would be needed. LOL
There is no power to be gained with an intake. Porsche intakes already flow really well. Same with an exhaust. You can make it louder, but you're not going to make it faster.

Trade the Cayenne on a Boxster if you want a fun car. Those can be had for under 10K all day long.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:08 PM
hymtnce
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by wrinkledpants
There is no power to be gained with an intake. Porsche intakes already flow really well. Same with an exhaust. You can make it louder, but you're not going to make it faster.

Trade the Cayenne on a Boxster if you want a fun car. Those can be had for under 10K all day long.
Not really needing anything faster... Just wanting a better sound.

Is there a reputable exhaust system I should look into, or will just taking out the secondary cats make that much difference?

Quick Reply: How can I get around the MAFs and dash lights ?