Sponsored by:

Seafoam Use on Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 06:26 PM
Hotruck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seafoam Use on Cayenne S

There is 1 thread on this about 5 years ago, but the question was never answered to this day. Seafoam is a great additive to fuel, for fuel system clean up. But it's much more effective when applied though a vacuum line into the top end of the engine. However, it must be a vacuum port that eventually leads to all cylinders. Has anyone used Seafoam on a CS using a vacuum line? If so, which vacuum line?
Old 10-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Berryman's B12 Chemtool is cheaper and much better. Just add 2 bottles to each tankful....
Old 10-24-2015, 11:21 PM
Hotruck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I've used B12 since the 70's, but reviews on Seafoam post the best results especially when fed through a vacuum line feeding all cylinders. But it doesn't seem many Cayenne owners have used it
Old 10-25-2015, 01:27 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

The 955/958 Cayenne S has a good EGR system, so not much blowby gunk ends up in the vacuum lines.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

I did the coolant pipes on my 05 a week ago. There was a fair amount of "oil crud" in the intake ports on the head.

I'm a big fan of Seafoam. In the tank, in the crank case and through the intake.

I think I will try the oil breather hose connection at the front of the intake. But I'm open to other suggestions.

See the "How to" thread with all the pics to see which one I mean.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:29 PM
19psi
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Joe
I did the coolant pipes on my 05 a week ago. There was a fair amount of "oil crud" in the intake ports on the head.

I'm a big fan of Seafoam. In the tank, in the crank case and through the intake.

I think I will try the oil breather hose connection at the front of the intake. But I'm open to other suggestions.

See the "How to" thread with all the pics to see which one I mean.

I'm interested in this too.
Just did my coolant pipes yesterday and I also noticed a fair amount of crap on the ports and on the back of the valves.
Previous owner was a woman and I'm guessing the gas pedal never hit the floor until I bought it.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:00 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotruck
There is 1 thread on this about 5 years ago, but the question was never answered to this day. Seafoam is a great additive to fuel, for fuel system clean up. But it's much more effective when applied though a vacuum line into the top end of the engine. However, it must be a vacuum port that eventually leads to all cylinders. Has anyone used Seafoam on a CS using a vacuum line? If so, which vacuum line?
Since its an injected engine the truth is that the manifold was never intended to distribute liquid in suspension. You would be better off putting it in the fuel. I'm willing to bet if you pulled the intake the back of your valves would be pretty clean. Most gasoline has detergents and with the fuel hitting the backs of the intake valves constantly they stay pretty clean
Old 10-26-2015, 12:02 AM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
...I'm willing to bet if you pulled the intake the back of your valves would be pretty clean. Most gasoline has detergents and with the fuel hitting the backs of the intake valves constantly they stay pretty clean
I'll take that bet.

I just did my coolant pipes a week or so ago. My intake ports & valves had a pretty good coating of oil crud.

I think it comes from the oil being ingested through the turbo charge air pipes (could be wrong on that, though).

My throttle body was dirty too.

Pelican has a nice writeup on cleaning it. Mine looked just like the one in picture #7. That's about the level of crud in the intake ports too.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

Quick Reply: Seafoam Use on Cayenne S