Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lawsuit Settlement Info for Cayenne plastic cooling pipe failures.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Lawsuit Settlement Info for Cayenne plastic cooling pipe failures.

Hi All,

Was wondering if everyone was aware of this, and if they have taken advantage of it.

Recently I acquired a 04' Cayenne TT and now around 99k, one of the pipe failed. I guess I am no longer covered by this settlement.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/20...-lawsuit.shtml

http://www.coolantpipesettlement.com/
Old 10-19-2015, 07:20 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Covered many times. Search is your friend.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 10-29-2015, 09:31 AM
betajdl
6th Gear

Did you find the answer? I assume you are not covered? (I have almsot same issue - bought used last fall 06 Cayenne Titanium S and pipes jsut broke last week)
Old 10-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

Originally Posted by betajdl
Did you find the answer? I assume you are not covered? (I have almsot same issue - bought used last fall 06 Cayenne Titanium S and pipes jsut broke last week)
Yes I did find the answer. Further, I was advised by a Porsche dealership, the the payout was not very significant.

I received a quote for ~$3,100.00 to have this done by the dealership. Supposedly the TSB calls for 11.5 hours of labor, and $1000 in parts for the Cayenne Turbo.

So bought the parts myself from ECS and started the repair.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:04 PM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 548 Likes on 346 Posts

Guys, did you know that your cars had the original plastic? If you knew that they had not been done why did you wait for them to break? If you did any research at all, it is a well known fixable problem. Way better to do it before they fail. I don't mean to come off as a bit harsh as money is always an issue, but if a person still has the original coolant pipes and Ts,(turbo only), it is only a matter of time. Like in the commercial, "just do it".
Old 10-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

Originally Posted by mtnrat
Guys, did you know that your cars had the original plastic? If you knew that they had not been done why did you wait for them to break? If you did any research at all, it is a well known fixable problem. Way better to do it before they fail. I don't mean to come off as a bit harsh as money is always an issue, but if a person still has the original coolant pipes and Ts,(turbo only), it is only a matter of time. Like in the commercial, "just do it".
My excuse, I got the car about a month ago and have been getting myself familiar with all the TSBs.

Quick Reply: Lawsuit Settlement Info for Cayenne plastic cooling pipe failures.