Sponsored by:

Remote Key won't unlock/lock doors, cannot start -- 2006

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 07:26 PM
marorl
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Key won't unlock/lock doors, cannot start -- 2006

I believe there might be an issue with my key remote but I'm not sure where to begin.

When pressing the lock/unlock buttons, it will not do either but the alarm beeps three times instead. When I manually unlock and put the key in the ignition, it will not start and then the key cannot be removed. I can get the key out by applying the parking brake and pressing the key release switch, but it gives me a lot of trouble doing so. Interior lights work, the car beeps, etc but I can't use power windows/locks or move the driver's seat to access the battery. Is it something to do with the anti-theft/immobilizer, as I imagine the lights would not work if it were battery related?

I don't drive often, it's been a few days since I turned the car on. Is there any way to reset the remote key system, is there some kind of sleep mode?

Further, just a few days ago I got an error "4 Wheel drive system faulty" but that went away the next time I started it.

Is there any way to at least get the car started?

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Km1.8t
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the Battery in the car.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:34 AM
Newbridgejob
Intermediate

Sounds like a flat car battery rather than a key fault as your seats should still move back and forth

You'll need to attach a trickle charger to the battery terminals under the hood to be able to get enough power to move the seat back/remove the car battery
Old 10-15-2015, 05:13 PM
marorl
2nd Gear

Thanks! Connected to a charger and was able to remove the key from the ignition. After several hours on the charger, seats can now be moved and remote key also works.

Quick Reply: Remote Key won't unlock/lock doors, cannot start -- 2006