Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member :)

Old 08-10-2015, 04:52 PM
tiranga008
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Member :)

Ok, so here goes, - bought this 2012 Pepper last year in June. with about 32K on it. Its got 49K now. Till now - had two issues - back shockers were shot (at the time of purchase) they replaced it last year in June. No problems since then. Then had the coolant leak problem - that got fixed too under warranty at the beginning of last winter - and has been holding great. Since then - new tires and front brake pads were the only wear and tear items. Obviously did the 5K oil changes and the major service at 40K.

So, the warranty will be over in probably a month. I called the dealer and they were trying to sell me additional 2 years at 6K.

My question is - other than the regular wear and tear - what other major issues have others faced with the '12 and similar mileage.. it is worth buying additional protection for 6K? I don't think so, but just wanted to get some advice

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2015, 07:40 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

on that model, I don't think it will be worth it, put half in a separate account and self insure
Old 08-11-2015, 09:38 AM
tiranga008
5th Gear

Gotcha.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Smooth
Intermediate

I was interested in your question too. I just picked up a '12 Cayenne S a few weeks ago. I have 1 year and 11K miles (it has 39K on it now) until the warranty runs out.

Any other advice for a newer owner?
Old 08-13-2015, 09:54 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 657 Posts

At first reading this post (3 days ago), I did not really think I could add anything of value,... but I'll chime in, so you guys at least have some point of reference.

I bought my 2012 CTT back in Feb '15. It had 17k miles, and now has 21k. It has a lot of options (GTS aero look Sports Pkg, PDCC, PTV, Burmester, Pano, & more). Just like you guys, I was not sure about getting one loaded up (as a used vehicle, especially since mine was not a CPO), but I really wanted all of the options. And the price point was very good. One owner, bought from the same dealership I was buying it from (traded in on a CTTS). So I was able to get ALL the service records too. AND the orig owner bought a pre-paid PSMP (which transfers to me, and has all the oil, plugs, 20k, 30k, etc already paid for). So to me that was kinda like a CPO. Plus is was already suited up with XPel Ultimate. So I went for it.

I have had ZERO problems with it so far. And I have pushed it hard in Autocross, and I towed our '91 964T 11hrs out to the PCA National Parade in Indiana with no problems whatsoever.

I am constantly pushing buttons to change the air ride height, suspension stiffness settings, Sport Mode, and any other button I can play with while driving. I love this vehicle.

So in the end, if you do all the diligence for service history, maintenance records, and everything checks out,... I would follow Mudman2's advise and "self-insure".

If you want any more info, or have any more detailed questions, FIRE AWAY.
Good luck!!
=Steve
Old 08-14-2015, 12:07 AM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
At first reading this post (3 days ago), I did not really think I could add anything of value,... but I'll chime in, so you guys at least have some point of reference.

I bought my 2012 CTT back in Feb '15. It had 17k miles, and now has 21k. It has a lot of options (GTS aero look Sports Pkg, PDCC, PTV, Burmester, Pano, & more). Just like you guys, I was not sure about getting one loaded up (as a used vehicle, especially since mine was not a CPO), but I really wanted all of the options. And the price point was very good. One owner, bought from the same dealership I was buying it from (traded in on a CTTS). So I was able to get ALL the service records too. AND the orig owner bought a pre-paid PSMP (which transfers to me, and has all the oil, plugs, 20k, 30k, etc already paid for). So to me that was kinda like a CPO. Plus is was already suited up with XPel Ultimate. So I went for it.

I have had ZERO problems with it so far. And I have pushed it hard in Autocross, and I towed our '91 964T 11hrs out to the PCA National Parade in Indiana with no problems whatsoever.

I am constantly pushing buttons to change the air ride height, suspension stiffness settings, Sport Mode, and any other button I can play with while driving. I love this vehicle.

So in the end, if you do all the diligence for service history, maintenance records, and everything checks out,... I would follow Mudman2's advise and "self-insure".

If you want any more info, or have any more detailed questions, FIRE AWAY.
Good luck!!
=Steve
That sounds like a good looking car - any pictures?
Old 08-14-2015, 03:53 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

I do have plenty of pics,... BUT, being respectful to OP Tiranga008 thread here,... I'll withhold them here.

Tiranga008 - Please post some pics of your ride!!!

To see some of mine, jump over here to see a few....

Post #27 …

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...han-gts-2.html

Post # 1181 (on page 79 of 80 in the “Pics of your Cayenne” sticky thread)…
… setup to tow...

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ayenne-79.html
Old 08-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
I do have plenty of pics,... BUT, being respectful to OP Tiranga008 thread here,... I'll withhold them here.

Tiranga008 - Please post some pics of your ride!!!

To see some of mine, jump over here to see a few....

Post #27 …

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...han-gts-2.html

Post # 1181 (on page 79 of 80 in the “Pics of your Cayenne” sticky thread)…
… setup to tow...

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ayenne-79.html
Point taken

Nice car you have there....
Old 08-25-2015, 02:18 PM
tiranga008
5th Gear

Smile Sorry about this delay in posting.... here is my update -

Sorry, I was on the road for a bit and got busy with stuff.... but thanks for the detailed response Steve! BTW have gone over 50K.. almost at 51K. The only challenge I have had is the "Oil level over maximum" warning after my recent oil change at the local STS (these guys are good - they have been maintaining my RX350 for the last 3 years and there is one guy who does the work on the pig and he is really good).

So, the story goes like this with this warning - I was on my way to Newport RI from NJ - and the warning came on when I had stopped for a bit and wanted to roll down the windows at a gas station without turning the engine on -i.e. without my foot on the brake pedal. I took it a dealer in RI and he said he would have to do a full oil service to fix it. I said, I didn't have the time and came back to NJ and took it to the STS team. This guy just drove the car over to a level spot turned the key without pushing the brake pedal and boom.. the warning went away!! The guy explained it to me and said it's a float that reads incorrectly when the car is on an incline. The dealer did not know that!

Net - driving well, I intend to keep this baby for a while and will post a picture soon.

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:09 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

All good to hear Tiranga!!

I did not know that either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member :)