Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Cayenne GTS rotors and pads pkg

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 11:34 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you for the positive review on RB brakes.

We have a full line of brake replacement / upgrades for Cayenne that can transform your SUV you used to know and drive.
http://www.racingbrake.com/category-s/7281.htm

Our ET500 brake compound is so good (very low dust and easy modulation) that makes a Maserati customer change his mind to keep it after lease.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Rossi
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
EBC red stuff pads look awesome with the red calipers. They suppose to be low dust. I will report back on that. So far so good.
UPDATE:

EBC red stuff pads.....
They dust just as much as the OEM pads, do not expect any dust reduction. I don't understand why are these sold as "Low Dust"

These pads are pretty good under normal driving, however, if you get really spirited, as I often do with my 2009 GTS with 6 speed manual tranny, you will quickly realize that the temperature threshold for these pads is pretty low, they fade pretty quickly. Probably not the best thing for 5000 pound car driven hard. I will need to pick up something more aggressive in the near future.

VERDICT: I would NOT buy these again.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:57 PM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I did oem pads on my GTS but used motul 5.1 brake fluid which has a nice boiling point. I drive very spiritedly and it seems to be a nice setup
Old 12-25-2016, 11:04 PM
Rossi
Pro

I am about to get new front brake pads. This time around, I am going for increased performance. Considering Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Questions:

1) any one running these on their Cayenne?

2) how are these as far as the noise? (I don't care about the dust as I am all about performance.)

3) how aggressive are these for the life of the rotors?

Any other brake pads I should consider besides the Ferodos?
I am looking for maximum performance with minimal noise.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:13 PM
Rossi
Pro

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
You are on the right track looking at the DS2500- in my honest opinion they are the next best option if you care more about performance and less about dust. Like the HC+800 they have some potential to make a little noise during light applications of the brake at low speed (like parallel parking or creeping forward at a stop light). However if they are properly bedded they should be very quiet all the time. They aren't too terribly aggressive on rotors either so there should be no issues there. you need FCP1625H front and FCP1308H rear (if you ever need or want the matching rears). Here are the direct links for you:
http://speedfreaksusa.com/i-21260644...-fcp1625h.html
http://speedfreaksusa.com/i-17719217...sche-rear.html

-Matt M.

I got this answer from my favorite brake source. Looks like the Ferodo DS2500 is what I am looking for. The application listed is for 957 4.8L S and GTS (w/ 350 mm Front iron rotors)

***(The HC+800 reference is for Project Mu brake pads I have on my ISF. They are fantastic but not available for Cayenne.)
​​​​​​​
Old 01-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Rossi
Pro

^^^^^ well, Ferodo DS2500 pads are installed in the front!!
I cannot wait to wear out my rear pads so I can get these for the rear as well. I must say, these are perfect, zero noise, excellent stopping power. I have a six speed GTS, I struggled with the previous pads as their temperature threshold was not adequate for spirited driving of such a heavy car. I was just getting too much break fade, not with these!! Excellent stopping power, not too aggressive for the passengers to be uncomfortable. Surprisingly, I washed my wheels, I'm not getting any increased amount of dust on my wheels, quite the opposite. That is a surprise for me. I am very happy right now.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:37 PM
vtgt
Pro

I cannot wait to wear out my rear pads so I can get these for the rear as well. I must say, these are perfect, zero noise, excellent stopping power. I have a six speed GTS, I struggled with the previous pads as their temperature threshold was not adequate for spirited driving of such a heavy car. I was just getting too much break fade, not with these!! Excellent stopping power, not too aggressive for the passengers to be uncomfortable. Surprisingly, I washed my wheels, I'm not getting any increased amount of dust on my wheels, quite the opposite. That is a surprise for me. I am very happy right now.
Nice, need to check these out on the next set!
Old 03-21-2017, 11:10 PM
Rossi
Pro

UPDATE: STILL LOW DUST and just absolutely love the Ferodo DS2500 pads. The rear pads (EBC red stuff) are finally shot. I just ordered the rear set of Ferodos to have them all around. RacingBrake does not offer 2pc rotors for the rear, so I decided to get the DBA 4000 T3 rotors. I was able negotiate some special pricing for myself, $160.99 for the pads and $404.16 for the pair of DBA rotors. Free shipping. I am not sure how long the pricing will be kept online, but thought might be nice for some to take advantage of the deal I got.

http://speedfreaksusa.com/i-17719217...sche-rear.html
http://speedfreaksusa.com/i-23901545...-gts-rear.html
Old 03-21-2017, 11:24 PM
vtgt
Pro

Thank for the update, I wonder How these pads would do with stock rotors and calipers. Always heard good things about this company
Old 03-31-2017, 10:17 PM
vtgt
Pro

I think I'll be getting a set of these for my Project car. Similar rotors and pads.

Also found out my cayenne pads are down to 3mm so if the rotors aren't shot I will pop in the pads above as well!

Btw, I just spoke to your boys at speedfreaks, cool guys and sounds like they will hook it up!

Last edited by vtgt; 04-01-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:15 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Vendor

Location: Reno/McCarran, NV - Bay Area, CA - NW Burbs of Chicago, IL
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to bump this. We are forum sponsors on here again and will be running a special on the DS2500 pads for the last three sets we have in stock for the 955 and 957 Cayanne S/GTS! We can pair these with the DBA 4000 T3 rotors and fresh fluid as well if you need/want to fully upgrade your brakes! Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Matt M.

Last edited by SpeedFreaksUSA; 04-05-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:41 PM
vtgt
Pro

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
Just wanted to bump this. We are forum sponsors on here again and will be running a special on the DS2500 pads for the last three sets we have in stock for the 955 and 957 Cayanne S/GTS! We can pair these with the DBA 4000 T3 rotors and fresh fluid as well if you need/want to fully upgrade your brakes! Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Matt M.
Good stuff Matt. I will be after these when my stock set is done on the gts.

Cannot wait to try to get the compound in the other size as welll when i blast through the front (pagid) and rear pads.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:11 AM
Rossi
Pro

Matt, great to see you on Rennlist forum.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Rossi
Pro

The rear pads (EBC red stuff) are finally shot. I just ordered the rear set of Ferodos to have them all around. RacingBrake does not offer 2pc rotors for the rear, so I decided to get the DBA 4000 T3 rotors.
UPDATE: Installed the Ferodo DS2500 in the rear, remarkable pads. I did not expect a lot, assuming front braking bias, I was wrong, the car stops noticeably better. Wow, great to have them in all four corners. The brake feel is amazing, the car really stops on the dime.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The OEM brake sensors don't fit the brake pads, I contacted Matt to see if there is a special set I should be getting. Just a heads up everyone, before you order your sensors. I am not too concerned as I hey-wired mine to get rid of the (!) light on the dashboard.
I had no issue fitting the sensors in the front before, not sure what is going on with the rear set. I will post an update when I hear from Matt. The size of the rear pads is correct, identical to the previous set, no issue there,

The DBA T3 rotors look fantastic, great looking design. Highly recommend. I have the RB two-piece rotors in the front which are superior obviously, but DBAs T3 would be a great alternative for someone who does not want to spent big money for two-piece design. They really look wicked
Old 04-11-2017, 12:49 AM
vtgt
Pro

Matt, great to see you on Rennlist forum.
MAtt is the Man.

I think I'll get the 2500 for the texstars rotors I have if condition is ok.

Quick Reply: 2008 Cayenne GTS rotors and pads pkg