Sponsored by:

Power loss in the dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Doombbd
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power loss in the dash

First time poster but long-time reader here. We had a strange problem with our 2013 CD. I drove it on a short errand and when I got back in the car, the engine started but the instruments stayed dark. Nothing on the inside was working (dash lights, controls, AC, etc). But the car was idling fine and was ok externally (lights, turn signals, windows, side mirrors all worked). Turned it off and restarted several times, with the same result. I wasn't far from home, so I decided to drive back carefully (just a few minute drive). The car drove fine, other than the instruments not working. Dealer said bring it in / have it towed in, but then when I went to start the car, everything was back to normal. Now, however, the check engine light was on. The only thing that the dealer found was that a glow plug needed to be replaced (which triggered the check engine light). They couldn't find any other issues, and the original problem hasn't recurred. Just wondering if folks have seen / heard of this and what the cause may be? I haven't seen any reports of something similar on the forums...
Old 07-16-2015, 11:15 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Did you feed the electrical gremlins after midnight?

Check the fuse panel for poorly-seated fuses.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Doombbd
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Will check when I get the car back today. And of course ask the service folks if they checked.

Quick Reply: Power loss in the dash