Sponsored by:

Replacing 957 side markers

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Bozbomber
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing 957 side markers

Does anyone have experience changing 957 side markers?

I purchased a pair of clear side markers but having difficulty remove/unscrew the top screw of the side marker. Appreciate for any advises
Old 06-01-2015, 09:42 PM
vettefan8
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea that top bolt is definitely a pain. I did mine recently and had to use a little ratcheting wrench with a torx? bit pushed in to it. There isn't a lot of clearance to get a ratchet in there. Obviously pull apart the wheel liner so that you can get a straight shot at it, and then see if you can get something like this. I don't recall what size torx it is (or if it's even a torx), so i'm not sure if this exact kit would help you.

Neiko 03044A Mini Ratcheting Screwdriver and Bit Set, Pocket Size Close-Quarters, 1/4-Inch Drive - Angle Screwdriver - Amazon.com Neiko 03044A Mini Ratcheting Screwdriver and Bit Set, Pocket Size Close-Quarters, 1/4-Inch Drive - Angle Screwdriver - Amazon.com
Old 06-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Bozbomber
Rennlist Member

Thank you vettefan8. It is crazy how little space they have in the top bolt. I was able to reach with my hand but don't have any tool that can fit in there and still have room to turn it. I will get the kit you recommended and give a shot.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:49 PM
vettefan8
Track Day

Do you remember what size torx the other screw(s) were? That kit only comes with a T15 and T20 for torx, so obviously make sure you order a kit that includes the right size bit that you need.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:20 AM
957 GTS
Intermediate

there's a write up on the interwebz somewhere about it..i believe someone recommended a flexible screwdriver?
Old 06-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Bozbomber
Rennlist Member

The side market bolts are torx T25 and when I replace my headlight light bulbs the other day, I see a room for access to the top side marker bolt by using either a flexible screwdriver or a flexible ratchet. If this attempt works then we can avoid remove the wheel and entire wheel liner.

I am going to pick up a 1/2" flexible ratchet and give it a try this weekend. I will share the result.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:33 AM
Bozbomber
Rennlist Member

So I couldn't wait until this weekend to try it out so I did it this evening and like to share the result/experience here.

First, I like to correct the side marker bolts are Torx T27, not T25.

For the passenger side, it is a bit painful that I actually removed the headlight assembly to give me additional access to help remove the side marker top bolt as there is a hose next to it (refer to attached photo) if access from the wheel liner. In order for me to remove the top bolt from the headlight area, I made my own extension (refer to other photo) and it took me about 20 mins to replace it.

The driver side is a easy one that there is enough room/clearance to unscrew the top bolt without need to move the headlight assembly. Only took me about 5 mins to replace.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Bozbomber; 06-05-2015 at 03:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Replacing 957 side markers