Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Tire Review Discussion

Admin, I didn't see anything like this in the Cayenne forum, can we sticky this?

Year: 2006
Model: Cayenne S
Wheels: Techno 20" OEM
Modifications: None

Tires: Nitto Motivo 275/40 R20 106Y XL BSW
Price: $204/tire (military discount at Discount Tire Company)

Warranty: 60,000 miles prorated
Inflation: F:38 R: 42
Note: Road force balanced

Initial Impression:

Good looking tire. Never owned a Nitto tire but have heard good things about them over the years. Previous tire on the CS was the Hankook Ventus and I did not know what I was missing out on. That tire seemed fine to me, and I was going to replace with that (for around $160/tire) but after discussing it with the rep at Discount Tire, I decided to try the slightly more expensive but apparently several steps above Nitto Motivo.

First Driving Impression:

As I drove away and got on the highway, I literally called the rep back and thanked him for sharing with me the customer complaints regarding the Hankook Ventus that they were loud. I did not know what I was missing out on, since that is the only tire I had experienced on the CS and did not know how quiet it SHOULD have been. Even at a high rate of speed on the highway, the Nitto Motivo are incredibly quite and very comfortable to drive.

Cornering:

This tire is very good at handling some 5,000lbs of German engineering around corners. About 2,000 miles into them, the cornering is incredible and between the tires and the CS itself, I am amazed that it is a massive SUV I an driving.

I give these tires 5 thumbs up due to the relatively inexpensive cost (after all, they are 20" high performance tires!), road noise, and cornering.

Hope that helps you in your search for tires.

Matt
Old 05-30-2015, 12:56 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are so cheap !! at they Porsche rated ? I am paying 340 for 19's
Old 05-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by "Porsche rated" but they are high speed Y rated tires. I will go with recommendations from Porsche for oil, coolant, etc., but deviating from their recommendations for tires is not at all an issue to me.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Corso
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 79 Posts

I have the Motivo on my CTT in that same size, they are fantastic. They were on the Cayenne when I bought it. Nitto makes a great tire. I've been running them on my full size trucks for 10+ years. Big fan. I'll be replacing the Motivos with a fresh set when the time comes.

Here's a nice write-up on them:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult.../nitto-motivo/

Quick Reply: Tire Review Discussion