Received 1 Like on 1 Post

03/2014 GTS. 10.000kms from new.

never had a single issue.
blank paper.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:47 AM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Not only the engine oil , but the many other fluids that need to be heated to also dissipate condensation in the systems, and prevent those fluids from standing and eating away at seals and gaskets.

Then there is the exhaust systems that not only need time to get up to operating temp for full emissions control & reduction of emissions , but the systems need 25-30 at operation temp to burn up the condensation in the piping that is rotting out the systems. Folks that do short trips , use their vehicles daily for 10-20 drives (10-12k miles per year) and the sit again for hours should own a small compact vehicle, electric or hybrid vehicle not a v6 or v8 powered vehicle.

Let's also not to forget the 3-5x fuel consumption of a large/heavy vehicle with a large engine on short trips ....

Plain and simple purchase a vehicle for your everyday need , not your want(s). If you need a larger vehicle for a day , weekend or week for whatever reason , rent a larger vehicle for a period of time and return it when you don't need that larger vehicle.

Originally Posted by 500
It's worth noting that the 2015 results are from the JD Power 3-year dependability study, whilst the 2014 results were from their 90 day initial quality study, a completely separate study. That said, I like the 3-year study as a better indicator of expected relative reliability. The OP's troubles are excessive, and it may partially be due to bad treatment prior to your ownership. The point made about short trips being murder for these cars is a good one. Because of the "integrated dry sump" design, the V8 and new V6 Cayenne's have a much higher oil capacity than many vehicles (~9.5 quarts) and thus take a long time to get to operating temperature. Watch the oil temperature for a number of trips and you will see that you really need a decent length of trip to get the oil up to temperature AND enough time to take care of moisture and other dilutants. Definitely not the right vehicle if your normal usage has lots of short trips.
Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 05-06-2015, 08:48 AM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Originally Posted by cwazyeurodrivr
Not only the engine oil , but the many other fluids that need to be heated to also dissipate condensation in the systems, and prevent those fluids from standing and eating away at seals and gaskets. Then there is the exhaust systems that not only need time to get up to operating temp for full emissions control & reduction of emissions , but the systems need 25-30 at operation temp to burn up the condensation in the piping that is rotting out the systems. Folks that do short trips , use their vehicles daily for 10-20 minute drives (10-12k miles per year) and the sit again for hours should own a small compact vehicle, electric or hybrid vehicle not a v6 or v8 powered vehicle. Let's also not to forget the 3-5x fuel consumption of a large/heavy vehicle with a large engine on short trips .... Plain and simple purchase a vehicle for your everyday need , not your want(s). If you need a larger vehicle for a day , weekend or week for whatever reason , rent a larger vehicle for a period of time and return it when you don't need that larger vehicle. Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 05-06-2015, 10:06 PM
b-man
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AGARubberDuck
I've also had about 75% of those issues in the last 50k miles. Nearly everything on your list is 'known' problems, discussed for multiple people on this forum.
As bad as the first post was . . . this comment is worse.

b-man
Old 06-07-2015, 04:34 AM
abushark
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Cayenne is very clean well maintained
no rough driving, accident free, no paint job done, and still look perfect from outside
all the defects we faced on my cayenne was related to poor material quality not because of usage
can any one tell me why headlight harness loses insulation?
can any one comment why the engine hood cover chocks (struts) need replacement while i open the hood cover only once every month to check engine oil.
why window regulator broken while my 90's Toyota still working fine
and more and more
Old 06-07-2015, 08:05 AM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

18,650 miles, not even 5 months old ( bought it with 8 miles on it )

2 oil changes , tire rotations every 5k , 1 ECM software update , 1 springtime alignment , 1 quart of oil on 2nd oil change ( doing 7500 mile oil changes ) only because I wanted to get home from Nyc this past week and well ...... 271 miles in 2hrs , 41 mins 😎😇

No vehicle is perfect , I know a Phama sales manager , his 2013 Toyota Camry company car, ate 3 transmissions in 84,000 miles, the group of friends call him " cruise control expert" , he's never over 5-8 mph of posted speed limit. Keeps OCD vehicle records, he even saves fuel receipts writes down mileage on every receipt, and carries 2 3-ring binders of vehicle records in both his cars. I know of a 2015 BMW 535ix with 726 miles on it that won't power up at all & BMW is giving her brand new one next week. My last Saab 9-5 aero , I couldn't kill that car ,I beat the living snot out of that thing and it just begged for more, but I know of others that had many issues.

I'm more than sure I'll run into issues with my 14 cayenne turbo s , but it's smiles per gallon, when I'm driving it, it passes anything but every 8th gas station 😉.
With the exception of my 08 rover , the others were high maintenance that couldn't go 3-5 weeks without being at the dealer , but loved the vehicles.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:07 AM
prosled8
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abushark
My Cayenne is very clean well maintained
no rough driving, accident free, no paint job done, and still look perfect from outside
all the defects we faced on my cayenne was related to poor material quality not because of usage
Wearing the finish off of the control surfaces and breaking interior trim parts IS because of usage. I have owned a Cayenne S and have looked at thousands online, wearing the finish off is pretty rare...

can any one tell me why headlight harness loses insulation?
Usually rodents...

can any one comment why the engine hood cover chocks (struts) need replacement while i open the hood cover only once every month to check engine oil.
why window regulator broken while my 90's Toyota still working fine
and more and more
The struts are gas pressure filled, they are now 10 years old. They simply lose pressure and high underhood temps over time kill the seals.

I LOVE comparisons with Toyota. My good friend is a Toyota truck fanatic. They are every bit the pile of junk my Dodge truck is, plenty of failings in the Toyota camp.

Most of the items on your list seem like easy DIY fixes. If it is so well cared for, why were these not done proactively? I do not think the air suspension is next, I bet on the automatic trans needing a valve body first

The difference between this and a Toyota is that the Porsche likes regular care and attention. The Toyota can do without. The reason for getting a Porsche and lavishing it with attention is the reward of a high end driving experience. Go drive a Highlander or 4 Runner and if that driving experience is OK for you then spare yourself the grief of owning high end European cars. They ALL are like this as they age. The temptation to flood cars with technology while meeting ever more ridiculous govt regulations and stockholder pressures to increase profits have all contributed greatly to the problems you experienced.

I just thought everybody knew used high end cars are (initial purchase price) bargains for a reason.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

12,000 miles in about 10 months of ownership (we've used it for several trips to/from Florida, about 1,400 round trip).

- LCD screen -- purchased and replaced myself
- 60k mile service (coils, plugs, filters, oil)
- Battery
- Tires
- Fuel filter (leaking) and fuel pressure regulator (while I was in there...)

That's it, knock on wood!!!

That said, there were many other items prior to my ownership which were cared for well by the previous owner.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:05 AM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Originally Posted by prosled8
Wearing the finish off of the control surfaces and breaking interior trim parts IS because of usage. I have owned a Cayenne S and have looked at thousands online, wearing the finish off is pretty rare...

Usually rodents...

The struts are gas pressure filled, they are now 10 years old. They simply lose pressure and high underhood temps over time kill the seals.

I LOVE comparisons with Toyota. My good friend is a Toyota truck fanatic. They are every bit the pile of junk my Dodge truck is, plenty of failings in the Toyota camp.

Most of the items on your list seem like easy DIY fixes. If it is so well cared for, why were these not done proactively? I do not think the air suspension is next, I bet on the automatic trans needing a valve body first

The difference between this and a Toyota is that the Porsche likes regular care and attention. The Toyota can do without. The reason for getting a Porsche and lavishing it with attention is the reward of a high end driving experience. Go drive a Highlander or 4 Runner and if that driving experience is OK for you then spare yourself the grief of owning high end European cars. They ALL are like this as they age. The temptation to flood cars with technology while meeting ever more ridiculous govt regulations and stockholder pressures to increase profits have all contributed greatly to the problems you experienced.

I just thought everybody knew used high end cars are (initial purchase price) bargains for a reason.

Agreed, people need to stop compairing brands , you need to purchase vehicles for your need, not your wants. I purchased the Cayenne turbo S because 98% of my driving is on the highways. Hence the performance vehicle I purchased, that is designed to be on the highway wide open and enjoyable doing so. . If I was commuting the so called " average " to and from an office, I would have purchased something smaller and better on fuel economy.

I've attached a 3yr study from JD power on brands, as you can see, Porsche is in the top 10 has far as dependability. So if you have an older vehicle ( 5+ years) that is starting to need more attention than usual.. ummm no other way to say this.....and don't mean to sound like a *****..... but.... " Ummmmm DUHHHHH " NOTHING lasts forever, it's a 5500+ lb vehicle that has 1000s of movable/wearable parts... this isn't rocket science people...... If you don't want to deal with the upkeep of an older vehicle... SELL IT... plain and simple.
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2015, 12:44 PM
abushark
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Love with Turbo engine, i paid all this money to enjoy my ride
but in return i am expecting high quality product / component,
AC compressor last for 30,000 miles only.
fuel pumps last for 40,000 miles
steering sensors gone on 50,000 miles
front seats back panel get loss after 50,000
Ceiling / roof fabric get loss
tail gate shocks and hood cover shocks gone on 60,000 miles.
AC drainage water leak driver compartment (you need to clear the drainage hose blockage every 6 months) and many issues which not related to mileage done it is directly related to material quality.
Porsche ate our head in co emissions & environment care ...... and at the end of the day they sold us a car that last only 3 years then need to keep changing parts to maintain your ride
what they save in co emissions they releasing it back to the globe in manufacturing more spare parts for their cars.
any way i am in love with Porsche and my next car also would be a Porsche 911 turbo.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

How on earth are Lincoln and Ford so far apart? GMC and Chevy make sense.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:07 PM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Originally Posted by abushark
I am in Love with Turbo engine, i paid all this money to enjoy my ride but in return i am expecting high quality product / component, AC compressor last for 30,000 miles only. fuel pumps last for 40,000 miles steering sensors gone on 50,000 miles front seats back panel get loss after 50,000 Ceiling / roof fabric get loss tail gate shocks and hood cover shocks gone on 60,000 miles. AC drainage water leak driver compartment (you need to clear the drainage hose blockage every 6 months) and many issues which not related to mileage done it is directly related to material quality. Porsche ate our head in co emissions & environment care ...... and at the end of the day they sold us a car that last only 3 years then need to keep changing parts to maintain your ride what they save in co emissions they releasing it back to the globe in manufacturing more spare parts for their cars. any way i am in love with Porsche and my next car also would be a Porsche 911 turbo.
Maybe yours was made on a Monday or Friday .....

My build date shows it was made on a Thursday so fingers crossed ..

Old 06-07-2015, 06:13 PM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Originally Posted by Matt O.
How on earth are Lincoln and Ford so far apart? GMC and Chevy make sense.
Just like anything most else ..... You have many different quality levels .

I get what people are saying about the amount of money we've spent on these vehicles , but you also have to look outside the box and look at the capability of the vehicles , style , and class level factors ..... When I got my 08 range rover sport the master tech told me " if you want problems and want to visit us often , baby it . If you want to enjoy it , drive it like you stole it " and he was right , I drove that thing hard and was the most reliable vehicle he serviced. I have a rule , once a day it has to hit triple digits on the speedo or I didn't drive it properly and do the same with my 14 cayenne turbo s

Old 06-07-2015, 08:08 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Then there is the exhaust systems that not only need time to get up to operating temp for full emissions control & reduction of emissions , but the systems need 25-30 at operation temp to burn up the condensation in the piping that is rotting out the systems. Folks that do short trips , use their vehicles daily for 10-20 drives (10-12k miles per year) and the sit again for hours should own a small compact vehicle, electric or hybrid vehicle not a v6 or v8 powered vehicle.

Let's also not to forget the 3-5x fuel consumption of a large/heavy vehicle with a large engine on short trips ....

Plain and simple purchase a vehicle for your everyday need , not your want(s).

Yeah - that logic makes no sense. Nobody *needs* a Porsche. You own a Porsche because you want it. Who gives a **** what your needs are.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:12 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed, people need to stop compairing brands , you need to purchase vehicles for your need, not your wants. I purchased the Cayenne turbo S because 98% of my driving is on the highways. .

Then you're in the wrong vehicle. You should have bought a Q7 TDi. More space, better fuel economy, same sturdy chassis.

The Cayenne is made to tow 7700 lbs and drive in rugged terrain. Sounds like the vast majority of your driving is on the same roads doing the same thing civics can do. Maybe even a Nissan would be more appropriate for your *needs.*

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne Reliability and Problems