Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trade 15 991 TTS on a '14 Cayenne TTS??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 74 Posts
Default trade 15 991 TTS on a '14 Cayenne TTS??

I'm contemplating moving my recently acquired 991 TTS for a Cayenne TTS, why would I do that???

Well a few realities, took delivery of this beautiful car in November, since then my business travel schedule and the Chicago winter has rendered the car to essentially sit in the garage, just clicked 320 miles on the ODO this week.

I also have in my garages an 11 GT3 RS, 09 GT2, 16 GT4 confirmed to be my dealers 1st allocation- July? and finally he called me yesterday to let me know that I will be his 2nd allocation for the 991 RS. An embarrassment of riches for sure.

The straw for me was this past weekend, my wife flew in from our Cali home, I couldn't pick her up as her luggage was too big to fit in my 991.Dinner that weekend with good friends in the suburbs, we had to borrow my son's car as my 991 wasn't going to work well for the couple joining us! Lastly as we were planning our summer at our lake house (2hr drive) with our friends at dinner it became clear that we are going to be stretched all summer in figuring out "load" logistics.

So what to do, I have looked at the RR Autobiography and the Cayenne TTS. My dealer, a terrific guy and someone I would rather deal with than any where else has offered me his left over '14 new untitled, 169K MSRP at 135K and give me 158K for my TTS (190K MSRP)

in my mind the redesign of the '15 is better looking than the '14, in your opinion is the discount worth the move on the '14. He will give me 10% off on any '15 I choose.

As always appreciate the advice/opinions?
Old 02-28-2015, 09:55 AM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cherryblock
I'm contemplating moving my recently acquired 991 TTS for a Cayenne TTS, why would I do that???

Well a few realities, took delivery of this beautiful car in November, since then my business travel schedule and the Chicago winter has rendered the car to essentially sit in the garage, just clicked 320 miles on the ODO this week.

I also have in my garages an 11 GT3 RS, 09 GT2, 16 GT4 confirmed to be my dealers 1st allocation- July? and finally he called me yesterday to let me know that I will be his 2nd allocation for the 991 RS. An embarrassment of riches for sure.

The straw for me was this past weekend, my wife flew in from our Cali home, I couldn't pick her up as her luggage was too big to fit in my 991.Dinner that weekend with good friends in the suburbs, we had to borrow my son's car as my 991 wasn't going to work well for the couple joining us! Lastly as we were planning our summer at our lake house (2hr drive) with our friends at dinner it became clear that we are going to be stretched all summer in figuring out "load" logistics.

So what to do, I have looked at the RR Autobiography and the Cayenne TTS. My dealer, a terrific guy and someone I would rather deal with than any where else has offered me his left over '14 new untitled, 169K MSRP at 135K and give me 158K for my TTS (190K MSRP)

in my mind the redesign of the '15 is better looking than the '14, in your opinion is the discount worth the move on the '14. He will give me 10% off on any '15 I choose.

Link to 991 TTS detail
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...5-991-tts.html
Old 02-28-2015, 10:34 AM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

As long as I can afford it, I find that the car I really want eventually saves me more money than compromising initially.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:41 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

We have a '14 CD and a '14 Mercedes E550 Cabriolet and needed another winter beater. Solution was a...don't laugh- Honda CRV- I can't tell you how much I enjoy parking it anywhere, leaving it at the airport, crashing over potholes and making sure the dog is dirty as hell before she gets in. By the way, it holds more luggage than the Cayenne and goes great in snow. With the beating you may end up taking on the 991, try a cheap(er) SUV for a short period of time. I don't recommend the CRV for long trips though. For us, its a stupid cheap solution, and I have no worries being spotted by friends and relatives in a "low brow" car- in fact its kind of fun.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
We have a '14 CD and a '14 Mercedes E550 Cabriolet and needed another winter beater. Solution was a...don't laugh- Honda CRV- I can't tell you how much I enjoy parking it anywhere, leaving it at the airport, crashing over potholes and making sure the dog is dirty as hell before she gets in. By the way, it holds more luggage than the Cayenne and goes great in snow. With the beating you may end up taking on the 991, try a cheap(er) SUV for a short period of time. I don't recommend the CRV for long trips though. For us, its a stupid cheap solution, and I have no worries being spotted by friends and relatives in a "low brow" car- in fact its kind of fun.
Love it!

Went ahead and pulled the trigger- yeah I lost some $ but made up a chunk on the buy, ended up paying 120K for a lesser equipped new untitled 14 Turbo S including Full front Xpel- tint-shipping
Old 03-03-2015, 10:06 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Congratulations, a wise choice. I just traded from a 10 CGTS Design Edition 3 to an 11 CTT and I've never looked back.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:37 PM
snzuloz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!! Post some pics up when you get it.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:01 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Love it!

Went ahead and pulled the trigger- yeah I lost some $ but made up a chunk on the buy, ended up paying 120K for a lesser equipped new untitled 14 Turbo S including Full front Xpel- tint-shipping
Congrats on the rocket. Who am I kidding, if my 2 kids were off the payroll and done with college, I'd probably do the same thing. At least one is bound for law school, so I'm going to have to settle for my current fleet for a bit. BTW- Cayenne is an amazing long distance car and tonight reproved its performance in horrible road conditions. I do encourage the family to pack light though on longer trips.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone !

One quick pic- more once it arrives
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2015, 09:26 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

A little Durametric action and you can lower yours at least a few inches. This is my new Loading Level.
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2015, 10:49 PM
tcbrown
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car. I run a black GTS as my daily driver and it is great, looks like a twin to your car without the boost. The key thing to remember is that snows are essential in Chicago. The one issue is there isn't much of a selection in 21" snows. Enjoy!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:02 AM
mjb2503
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new car, looks beautiful. If you're looking for winter tires for the stock 21" Turbo II's, I have a set of Pirelli Snow & Ice available. PM me for photos and details

Quick Reply: trade 15 991 TTS on a '14 Cayenne TTS??