Sponsored by:

Be aware: BTM Motorwerks, Campbell, CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 04:28 AM
Bozbomber
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Be aware: BTM Motorwerks, Campbell, CA

In December I posted a thread regarding water lead on the driver side D-Pillar of the Cayenne I bought in November. I brought the my GTS to BTM Motorwerks in Campbell, CA after consulted with them over the phone as they sounded professional and familiar working on Cayenne plus the car was last serviced there and how my nightmare began.

On December 17th, I dropped off my GTS to BTM Motorwerks for water leak issue, rear windshield washer issue and 4 wheel alignment. The next day, I was told by BTM Motorwerks that their technician identified the sunroof drains leaking fluid and required to pull the sunroof headliner to further identify the cause of the leak. Also updated me the rear windshield washer hose connector is broken that required to remove the roof liner in order to complete the repair. I then gave an authorization to proceed the repairs.

The repairs were completed on Christmas Eve day, when I arrived to BTM Motorwerks to pick up my baby, I noticed one of the rear interior roof liners was not fully placed back in place, notified the representative and had the technician fixed it there. After I drove the car home, I discovered more interior headliners and trims were not fully placed back in place and a dent in the vehicle rear hatch area in the edge of panel and rooftop. I immediately took photos for record but because it was a Christmas Eve, I waited until Monday contacted them to report the issues and sent the photos to them via email to review. The owner feedback after checking with their technician, it is confirmed the dent was already there when I dropped off the vehicle. I disagreed because the misplaced interior roof liner and the dent are in the same area. The owner the stated they had their most senior / experience technician worked on my GTS so he is confidents about the work. I refuted back if this is the quality of work performed by your senior technician then I am very concern about the work that has done to my car. However, as we didn't do a walk thru on the vehicle when I drop it off on so there is no prove who is right or wrong so I didn't argue further.

Last Friday, I gave a car wash on the car and found water leak in the interior headliner again but this time happened in the rear passenger side D-Pillar. I contacted BTM Motorwerks right away complained about the issue for the fact the problem migrated. The owner debated that their technician had done a very detail job on the repair and ran a crucial water test to make sure no more water leaks. It could be something else and they can take a look again under the warranty. I was very frustrated and disappointed after all the issues I have gone through and lost faith on them so insisted for a refund and bring the vehicle to Porsche dealership for a checkup instead. BTM Motorwerks had refund me for the roof work.

I had my car diagnostic at Porsche dealership and identified the cover for access to the LID struts is damaged and caused water leaking from a hole in the access panel to D-Pillar. Also my sunroof stop working after the roof work and waiting for diagnostic result.... I don't know how much more I am looking for to fix all the additional damages.

BTM Motorwerks is a well known shop with overall 4 star reviews on yelp but wants to share about my experience, maybe I am unlucky. Please do more home works before bring your Cayenne there.

Last edited by Bozbomber; 01-11-2015 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:51 AM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

Wow that really does suck! Thanks for sharing your experiences here with us.

A while back I started a list of shops recommended by fellow members as well as on 6speed. The 2 that were highly rated were The RennShop (Santa Clara) and Bauer Porsche Repair (Indy in Oakland). There is also a new shop, Performance Technic, has been getting rave reviews as well. These guys used to be over at Custom Alignment in Mt View.

Hope things work out for you man!
Old 01-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Bozbomber
Rennlist Member

It is very unfortunate and I want to make sure other people don't get into what I faced.

I thought about Rennshop as they serviced my 996 in the past but since the car was serviced there before and they sounded very professional and experience on Caynnes so gave them a try. They told me over the phone that they deal with Cayennes and water leaks many times before. Not that my sunroof doesn't work now, the small piece of sun visor located on the overhead console is also missing....

Quick Reply: Be aware: BTM Motorwerks, Campbell, CA