Sponsored by:

Resolved a Few Fault Codes By Replacing a Blown Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:26 PM
sswong98
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Resolved a Few Fault Codes By Replacing a Blown Fuse

I wanted to share a resolution for the following fault codes I had on my 2006 Cayenne S:

457- Vehicle electrical system control module (CAN comfort) - Please read out fault memory, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

956 - Key 2 Value below lower limit value

668 - Vehicle voltage terminal 30 - Implausible signal, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

Voltmeter started to work

The simple fix was replacing a burnt out 5 amp fuse located by the main battery underneath the driver seat. The fuse is part of the power distribution panel. Does anyone know what is this fuse is used for?

Once I replaced the fuse, and cleared all the fault codes, they did not reappear.
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This post got my full attention since I was unaware of the fact that there were other smaller-amperage fuses other than the known three locations (left-side dash, right-side dash & engine compartment). The larger 150-200 Amp fuses (next to the battery) which protect the battery charging circuit are obvious.

Based on what I could find by searching the wiring diags, there are two 5A fuses with red/yellow wiring located near the battery; (Fuse #9 & #11). Both seem to be providing power to the OBC Network control module. (see attached image)

There...now I can sleep tonite...
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2014, 09:07 PM
sswong98
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Andy,

Thanks for doing this research. The wires in my pic matches to your diagram. Now, it makes sense why I had multiple fault since the fuse goes to the OBC Network controller.

Quick Reply: Resolved a Few Fault Codes By Replacing a Blown Fuse