Sponsored by:

PDCC.. BAD TIMES! "Chassis system warning"

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 02:45 AM
957Turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PDCC.. BAD TIMES! "Chassis system warning"

I don't know if it's just my luck or a general poor reliability of the Cayenne that I am not use to coming from mainly Mercedes vehicles.
OK, so driving back from Lake Tahoe, Cayenne has 5 passengers and baggage, climbing up steep incline into the rockee mountains coolant temp right at the center, I am feeling pretty good about my JB Weld water distributor repair..! Then message "Chassis system warning" comes up, I pull over observe oil leaking on the drivers side next to wheel well. At this point I am 158 miles away from home in the middle of nowhere. Decided to slowly 60 mph cruse back home.
I have not been able to climb underneath the car yet since I was pretty pissed I had a break down on my first road trip but I assume the empty reservoir I took a pic of is for PDCC and one of the lines had burst....
Anyone has experience with this? How much of the pain in the *** is this going to be? Will I need to bleed PDCC at the dealer or can I use the Durametric for this? Does the system even need bleeding once re filled?
Favorite mineral oil to use available at any auto parts store?
Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2014, 07:29 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My PDCC had that and the pump had to be replaced, CPO
Old 07-20-2014, 02:23 PM
957Turbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by mudman2
My PDCC had that and the pump had to be replaced, CPO
Wow, I hope this is not the case here, so line bursting caused the pump to fail?
Old 07-20-2014, 04:55 PM
957Turbo
Instructor

Yeah, it's a huge mess of pressure hoses down there, and everything is covered in oil...I can't tell which pipe was actually the cause of the leak. Will have o take it to the shop.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:01 PM
digitaljok
Advanced

Long story short, my PDCC valve block was leaking and replaced under warranty (first message at 3 years / 38k mi!).

Quick Reply: PDCC.. BAD TIMES! "Chassis system warning"