Sponsored by:

Just a heads up on Porsche CPO coverage

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
If a (non-Porsche) dealer brings a CPO vehicle in to a Porsche dealer for repairs, that's one tip off. They may also periodically check Carfax or similar records for vehicles that are brought in for CPO work.
The purpose is that they don't want people to be able to shop for a CPO Porsche at any dealer. Porsche wants to reserve that right for their dealer network.
Crap, OK, sounds like my call didn't trigger it after all. The vehicle was taken in to the local Porsche dealer by the Ford dealer for an oil leak and oil/filter change (oil leak turned out to be from around the filter O-ring per the service invoice). The Ford dealer gave me a copy of the invoice from the service in with the rest of the paperwork. They wanted me to see that the P!g had been serviced recently by Porsche.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:24 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice GTS!
With or without CPO, looks excellent.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by RESP
Nice GTS!
With or without CPO, looks excellent.
Thanks. Yes, a big improvement over the '06 S but that Sport button is going to cost me at the gas pump!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:38 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your's is as good as mine was, you won't need the CPO. The only warranty event in 3 years was the back of the driver's seat falling off.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:04 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by mcbit
If your's is as good as mine was, you won't need the CPO. The only warranty event in 3 years was the back of the driver's seat falling off.
Same experience here. Bought '06 new and it didn't need any service in years 5 and 6 (or 7 for that matter)

To the OP: be sure to take your pig in for service just before the warranty expires. If you SA is as good as mine, he'll go thru the car with a fine toothed comb and fix anything he can find. In my case, they replaced the cooling pipes and struts at no cost to me

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty coverage extends until the earlier of:
• 2 years from the date of used retail delivery
I thought it was two years from the orig purchase date. If this is correct, it adds a few months to my CPO...
Old 10-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by dasams
I thought it was two years from the orig purchase date. If this is correct, it adds a few months to my CPO...
Well you may not want to quote me on this considering my recent adventures but if the car was still under the original mfgr warranty at the time you bought it then it adds 2 yrs & 50k mi. to the original warranty end date. If you bought it and it was out of orig. mfgr. warranty then it's 2 yrs from the date you purchased it from the Porsche dealer. Mileage adds 50k mi. up to 100k total miles (whichever is lower).

My '06 was a CPO vehicle too, I think the only thing it needed under the CPO was rear hatch lid struts. I was hoping the coolant tubes would go out under the CPO but they didn't, I replaced them myself after the CPO ran out.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:34 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

What CPO sticker? My CTT has CPO (and has had several repairs covered under it) but I received no CPO document and it has no sticker that I'm aware of. The Porsche dealer who sold it to me told me that its tied to the VIN and I need no CPO docs/card/etc.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its is tied to your VIN but you should have been given a CPO folder to give you a warm and fuzzy.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by DWC in Sedona
What CPO sticker? My CTT has CPO (and has had several repairs covered under it) but I received no CPO document and it has no sticker that I'm aware of. The Porsche dealer who sold it to me told me that its tied to the VIN and I need no CPO docs/card/etc.
On the one I just bought there is a small (~2" long and 3/4" tall) sticker that says "Porsche Approved Certified Preowned" stuck on the driver's door jamb just below the rest of the decals on the jamb. Yes, what's in PCNA's/your dealers computer system trumps any sticker, ask me how I know....

My '06 did not have this sticker but I got a folder with the CPO info when I purchased it. Since I purchased it out of state I wanted documentation to show my local dealer if it didn't make it into their system for some reason.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
its is tied to your VIN but you should have been given a CPO folder to give you a warm and fuzzy.
I got the generic folder but the only thing that says my CTT is CPO-covered is the sales agreement.

Quick Reply: Just a heads up on Porsche CPO coverage