Sponsored by:

Oil Crankcase Breather Valve

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:29 PM
e90076
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Oil Crankcase Breather Valve

I've had issues smelling oil outside the vehicle after I drive ever since I purchased my pre-owned 2008 Cayenne Turbo. The dealership has looked at it several times and their latest determination was that the crankcase breather valve was shot. They have replaced it but the breather still appears to have some oil on/in it.

Has anyone else noticed this on their 4.8's? For those who are not familiar with the part, it is the "T" where the two hoses come together on top of the engine (on the side closest to the windshield).
Old 10-12-2013, 05:17 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by e90076
I've had issues smelling oil outside the vehicle after I drive ever since I purchased my pre-owned 2008 Cayenne Turbo. The dealership has looked at it several times and their latest determination was that the crankcase breather valve was shot. They have replaced it but the breather still appears to have some oil on/in it.

Has anyone else noticed this on their 4.8's? For those who are not familiar with the part, it is the "T" where the two hoses come together on top of the engine (on the side closest to the windshield).
On mine I had a leak in the front right. Near the headlight. Forgot what it was called, but it has a black cap the size of 5 inches diameteraybe?
Old 10-12-2013, 05:44 PM
e90076
Advanced

It's a different location. I have included a picture.
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2013, 02:06 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

I think you might consider resizing that photo to something around 800 pixels wide and reposting it. As it is - I had to go out to the garage to see the right side of the photo..
Old 10-13-2013, 03:00 PM
e90076
Advanced

Eh. Sorry. Posted from my phone. I was afraid of that...

Will try to resize when I get back to my comp.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:29 PM
stefan063
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have just found out about the problem I have with my breather hose.

I noticed some "false air: sound in front of the engine in front of the engine under 4.8 Turbo plastic cover. When you remove it it has 3 clipping parts. I thought the sound was coming from that hose. But after I removed and checked using my mouth and breathe in to the I noticed also that there is no crack. Also when Inhaling. No leak. Then I checked this whose like in few post up. I noticed It has some thin hose that goes to the back of the engine,but thought it was some breathe hose. I tried to find out where it goes but I couldn't figure it out. So I put that 3 part whose back and followed the 4th thin one back to the back of the engine. I then noticed that how it fits to somewhere,and after fiddling with cables I saw where it goes. I think at some point it broke at that T line and as you can see on pics someone was fiddling with it... How is this hose called and what to do with that yellow T part? Is that part,yellow one separate from this hose?

The yellow thing broke off the thin 4th hose that goes from the breather hose.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:23 PM
ahamuser
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem where the T-connector broke into pieces when I tried to remove it. The hoses connecting the Tconnector came off too easy and that's when I tried to use pliers to remove the t-connector. The reason I looked at the breather hoses, is because I have oil residue on the hoses itself. Did you have oil leaking there too? What was your resolution of your problem??? Thanks.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:48 PM
stefan063
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ahamuser
I have the same problem where the T-connector broke into pieces when I tried to remove it. The hoses connecting the Tconnector came off too easy and that's when I tried to use pliers to remove the t-connector. The reason I looked at the breather hoses, is because I have oil residue on the hoses itself. Did you have oil leaking there too? What was your resolution of your problem??? Thanks.
I didn't have the oil leaks there, just vacuum leak. I fixed it with brand new hose.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:32 AM
ahamuser
7th Gear

I have the exact same problem with the T-connector. So glad i found others here in this forum. I ordered the hose from Sunset Porsche. It's the breather hose and they will have diagrams. I also had oil residue from the two hose/pipes coming out of the T-connector going left and right. Did you have this problem as well? How did you resolve this??? I just ordered the hoses so will just replace, but I'd be guessing if that's the problem or not. Thank you.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:41 PM
ahamuser
7th Gear

I see, did you have to remove the intake manifold? I really don't wanna have to remove it. If needed to, don't you have to replace all gaskets?? Thanks everyone for all the hlep! This is the most useful forum, ever!
Old 12-06-2019, 11:37 AM
ahamuser
7th Gear

I ordered the hose that comes with a plastic T-connector. Any easy way to slip the hoses on ? I got it halfway, but having trouble getting in there to push them together. Any special tool to do this?

Quick Reply: Oil Crankcase Breather Valve