Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Fuel Filler Adapter - Cayenne Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 02:36 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

I've never had a problem with nozzle size. Not in WA, ID, UT, WY or CO. I think I drove from CO to ME (and back) with the E320 and not a single issue anywhere along that route, too. I did once try to put the unleaded nozzle into the CD though, but it won't fit. I also use the truck size nozzles in my Ram... fills fast! But splatters all over the place, too.

Seems like a solution in search of a problem.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:10 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

On my first long run with the CD the first stop had no nozzle to fit. Maybe stations have changed over to the needed diameter but the adapter is a cheap way to avoid the inconvenience.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:37 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I had to use the adapter once in rural alabama. if you are off the beaten path, its a good thing to have.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:07 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

The adapter works fine if you need if. I keep it in the trunk, inside its bag. Doesn't smell or make a mess.

Fortunately I live in Houston, where 1/2 the pickups are diesel, and half the vehicles on the road are pickups. So 80% of the stations have passenger sized diesel nozzles.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:14 PM
pocotaligo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a 2013 CD two days ago, will have to fuel up tomorrow, looked at missfuel gizmo in filler neck and knew it had to come out. I've got a diesel tank at my shop with a small nozzle and just read everyone's complaints. Took me five minutes, with a flashlight in my mouth, and pair of long needle nose pliers to remove. The restriction device has two pieces; an outer locking ring, then the finger expanding flap opener. You will see two small holes on each side of the outer ring, stick the pliers firmly in the holes and unscrew it slightly till the tabs line up with slots on filler wall and pull it out. You might have to turn it sideways to remove. Next (the finesse part) grab the raised portion of the flap, not much to grip, and turn it slightly to line up the two small pegs with the same slots and carefully pull it out. I say carefully, because you don't have much of a bite on the small raised portion of flap. I'm sure you guys can figure a faster way, but five minutes, one tool, in the dark, with a flashlight in my mouth, will probably be the easiest job to do on the car. Love the car by the way, hope this ends the refueling misery for others.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:50 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by pocotaligo
Bought a 2013 CD two days ago, will have to fuel up tomorrow, looked at missfuel gizmo in filler neck and knew it had to come out. I've got a diesel tank at my shop with a small nozzle and just read everyone's complaints. Took me five minutes, with a flashlight in my mouth, and pair of long needle nose pliers to remove. The restriction device has two pieces; an outer locking ring, then the finger expanding flap opener. You will see two small holes on each side of the outer ring, stick the pliers firmly in the holes and unscrew it slightly till the tabs line up with slots on filler wall and pull it out. You might have to turn it sideways to remove. Next (the finesse part) grab the raised portion of the flap, not much to grip, and turn it slightly to line up the two small pegs with the same slots and carefully pull it out. I say carefully, because you don't have much of a bite on the small raised portion of flap. I'm sure you guys can figure a faster way, but five minutes, one tool, in the dark, with a flashlight in my mouth, will probably be the easiest job to do on the car. Love the car by the way, hope this ends the refueling misery for others.
Interesting and most excellent. I'll take a look at mine in the next few days to try this. I looked over the weekend and could tell it was a separate piece but wasn't too sure if it could actually be removed.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:25 PM
pocotaligo
Intermediate

Refueled this morning, no problem, just an addendum, don't worry about losing the thing down filler tube, there is no way, unless you break it up or hammer it down the throat.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

had the vw part in my 2013 since i got it, never used it!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:31 PM
pocotaligo
Intermediate

That's great, here in SC it's another story, the few stations near me either have gas sized or large diesel nozzles. Sure is nice not to have to wiggle and pay attention to how you insert, maybe that's a SC thing also
Old 01-07-2018, 04:58 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Where is this diesel fueling adapter stored in the Cayenne?

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2018, 05:42 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcipseric

Thanks!
It isn’t, you have to buy one. About $15 from a VW dealer (Touareg part)

//greg//
Old 01-07-2018, 07:53 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by mcipseric

Thanks!
Mine is in the netted storage area by the left side of the cargo compartment. Was there since I took delivery of the CD
Old 01-07-2018, 08:11 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Mine is in the netted storage area by the left side of the cargo compartment. Was there since I took delivery of the CD
Interesting, that’s where the Bose subwoofer goes too. No net for those with the Bose package, so that might explain why some of us never got the adapter.

//greg//
Old 01-07-2018, 09:34 PM
KBell
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 299 Posts

I would love to see some pictures of removing this safety adapter in the fuel nozzle.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:06 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I stuffed the adapter in the passenger compartment under the the seat.

Quick Reply: Diesel Fuel Filler Adapter - Cayenne Diesel