Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2004 Cayenne S Issues

Old 02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
CooperH
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2004 Cayenne S Issues

Hello friends, I just purchased a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S with Titantium Package from Quebec. It was private sale and I did a carproof and it came up clean. So its a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S with Titantium Package, 4.5L V8. It has all the options: Air suspension, Navigation etc.... I was told it has all the options in the book except its not a Turbo. I ended up paying $10K for it plus $500 for a set of 20' inch summer Porsche Rims with Potenza tires. Not bad price.

With 208,000KM on it I was questioning myself to purchase it. It's my first Porcshe and always dreamed of this car. I live in Toronto so I drove to Quebec over the weekend to pick it up. Now this is a car, forget NA cars... it has guts and ***** of a sports car with a SUV body. I drove it 550 KM back to Toronto. What a drive!

So my dad has a garage and what we did first was new brakes, air filters and oil change. I sent it for Emissions test in Ontario and it failed. The issue is the Flex pipe's both leak. Now the mechanics at my dad's garage have the experience mainly working on NA cars.

SHould we change on the flex pipe and weld it back in place or buy the whole "exhaust pipe front" for Right and Left Side. ANy help would be appreciated. I am really tight on funds so any economically ideas are welcomed.

THanks
Old 02-06-2013, 02:34 PM
gbratk
Instructor

Just cut off old flex pipe and weld back new one.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
CooperH
Advanced

Yes I understand but how do you do that? Do we remove the flex pipe with the whole exhaust pipe then do all that or just cut out the old flex pipe and weld back the new one? There is a step by step guide to do this?

Also, where can I get these flex pipes with same diameter?
Thanks in advance
Old 02-06-2013, 03:15 PM
CooperH
Advanced

I also dont like the look with the titanium roof rack, I am thinking of removing it? Would you all agree? I think the cayenne will look better and smoother without the roof rack.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
gbratk
Instructor

Originally Posted by CooperH
Yes I understand but how do you do that? Do we remove the flex pipe with the whole exhaust pipe then do all that or just cut out the old flex pipe and weld back the new one? There is a step by step guide to do this?

Also, where can I get these flex pipes with same diameter?
Thanks in advance
That is right. You have to remove whole pipe from the car and then cut flex pipe off, weld new one on.

A believe you could get it in some car parts shop, or some exhaust shop.

Nice car!

If you ask me, remove roof rails.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:06 PM
CooperH
Advanced

I agree remove the roof rails.... flex pipe issue is frustrating... called a couple places and its almost another $1000.... I really dont want to pay that much
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
CooperH
Advanced

Does anybody out know of a step by step guide to remove the whole flex pipe? Anything Online I can print off for the mechanics?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:15 AM
gbratk
Instructor

Does anybody out know of a step by step guide to remove the whole flex pipe? Anything Online I can print off for the mechanics?
I agree remove the roof rails.... flex pipe issue is frustrating... called a couple places and its almost another $1000.... I really dont want to pay that much
1000$ is too much just for flex pipes. You'll have to do some more searching....

As I know you have to remove second Cats first, then you remove first Cats.
For instructions check PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:27 AM
gbratk
Instructor

I find instructions on the web, just find the right part for you, coz this include all models (base,S,Turbo)

http://www.inkilino.es/Porsche_Cayen...T%20SYSTEM.pdf
Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 AM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I've done a flex-pipe repair before on a Volvo. My advice, remove the pipes. Then take them to a Welding shop, and have them do the work.

The exhaust is stainless, most exhaust shops won't weld using stainless wire (unless you are lucky enough to live near a high-end fabricator), whereas welders will be able to weld using whatever metal you need. They'll do a fantastic job.

You can source the new flex pipe from any number of online places. I got mine from: http://www.stainlessworks.net

There is NO way to do this job properly with the pipes installed on the car.

I did the job myself, using a TIG welder and stainless wire. It came out great, but you need to have some serious equipment.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 AM
CooperH
Advanced

Thanks gbratk for the link.

JAGMAN1 how do you remove the pipe? How specifically do you get to the manifold to remove the whole pipe's? Its very tight squeeze. Do you get to them through the wheel well? or do you have to remove the engine? My dad's mechanics have never done this before, as they usually are repairing NA cars.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM
CooperH
Advanced

Does anybody think it will be unsafe or effect anything else if I drive with leaks in the flex pipes? Just planning to drive a month or two like this.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Edward 96 Viper GTS
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

no titanian editions in 2004. only in 2006 were titanium editions made. they had 2 tone seats, gray wheel spokes, gray window trim, not silver.
ed
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 PM
CooperH
Advanced

Originally Posted by Edward 96 Viper GTS
no titanian editions in 2004. only in 2006 were titanium editions made. they had 2 tone seats, gray wheel spokes, gray window trim, not silver.
ed
Cool, good to know. The guy I bought it from told me that. No worries though as this beast is impressive even with high KM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:27 PM
TozoM8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a pair of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-2-...83158f&vxp=mtr
cut the old ones out, tack weld these in then take it down and weld it around. Or just buy the SS flex pipes and find a muffler shop. They will do it for $100.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2004 Cayenne S Issues