Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update - Still not working - Please help with Durametric error codes and more

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 03:13 PM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

- Ok I ran the same test for two 2006 Cayennes and the results are identical: pedal value and throttle angle actual values do not change (shows 0%) as the gas pedal is being pressed. In addition, various other values also do not change to corresponding gas pedal feedback. Example of such fields are: Potentiometer 1 voltage lower stop, Potentiometer 2 voltage lower stop, Throttle-valve angle potentiometer 1,Throttle-valve angle potentiometer 2, Pedal value, Throttle plate angle load signal, Throttle angle actual value, & Throttle angle nominal value (adaptation).

- Following values DO change appropriately for both cars: Throttle-valve potentiometer 1, Throttle-valve potentiometer 2, Pedal-travel sensor potentiometer 1, & Pedal-travel sensor potentiometer 2

Assumptions
1. May be both by Cars have identical issues, however one car drives like a dream and have not had any of these symptoms since my ownership (2 years). So not sure if this is a good assumption.
2. The Other assumption is that the software is not meant to pick up these specific values although that does not make any sense.

- so I ran the same test against my friend's 2008 Cayenne S, unlike the two 2006 models, all values did change to corresponding gas pedal feedback. The 2008 has slightly different field names, here they are:
Pedal value, Pedal encoder potentiometer 1, Pedal encoder potentiometer 2, Nominal throttle plate angle, Actual throttle plate angle, Throttle potentiometer 1,Throttle potentiometer 2, Throttle plate angle, [Throttle-valve angle, potentiometer 1:], & [Throttle-valve angle, potentiometer 2: ].

- What I don’t know is if the software is able to pick up values for 2008 but not for 2006, although I have the latest Durametric version 6.3.1.6. I contacted Durametric but they are closed today.
--------------------
*** Could somebody who has a 2006 Cayenne S please confirm that you are able to see different values than what I have posted. Meaning that you are able to see range of values just like the 2008 model.
I know I am asking a lot , I have spent weeks on this and not willing to give up until I fix the problem.
thanks agian
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My guess is that the 955s only show pedal value and throttle angle at WOT (100%). I do think your problem will reveal itself in the values that do change, but only when the car does have a problem. It would be a good idea to start the car up and let it idle, remove the engine cover that says "4.5 V8", and wiggle the harness that goes to the throttle body. If it starts having idle issues, you know that's where your problem is (those throttle body connectors can be problematic). If not, try and get the car to hiccup while the durametric is hooked up. I'm not sure if there's a way to datalog with the durametric, but that would be helpful. If there is, you may be able to determine which value is going out of spec just prior to the faults setting.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

The wiring harnesses look little faded but all look snagged and in placed, the protective plastic casing are missing in some areas I wonder when engine is really hot that effects the tiny wires.
Could one buy the set wiring harnesses on the throttle body area? Is that something Porsche sell?
Old 12-10-2012, 02:18 PM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Well I called Porsche of Tyson’s corner, they say that one would have to buy the entire throttle body assembly which will include associate wiring harnesses.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

The throttle body will not include any wiring. The throttle body harness will only come from Porsche as a part of the engine harness (for over $1k), but the throttle body connector can be bought separately, if you find that that's where your problem is.
On my X5, which uses the same type of throttle body electrical connector, the rubber seal inside the connector was out of place, and causing the pins to only have contact part of the time. It would lose contact when the engine warmed up, or over a bump, etc. This would throw it into engine failsafe mode, limiting me to 30% throttle. It was a bit of a pain to locate the problem, but a simple fix once I did.
If it's broken wires, new ones can be spliced in for almost no cost.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:25 AM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Hi Tim, I will have to post a pic of the wires I am talking about so you can tell me if we are talking the same thing . also found this thread that talks about :throttle position sensor harness
forum.roadfly.com/threads/13174087-throttle-position-sensor-harness.
what are they talking about $17 per piece. do you think I should try that first?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

I wouldn't replace any wiring until you determine if that's the source of your problem. Some Audis and VWs had problems with the contacts on their throttle body harnesses, so they upgraded to gold pins on the harness side of the connector. I haven't heard of that on any Porsches though.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 PM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Ok I have been driving around for the last few weeks and no PSM error. However today I got the following error: P0431: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2 - Upper limit value exceeded. Engine light came up.

Two things I did not mention about this car:
1. It had been chipped by previous owner, when I bought it, he said he had to remove the chip few weeks prior to I bought it. He gave me the chip, still in my glove box.
2. The cayenne also came with an expensive aftermarket exhaust system installed, including resonators. He also gave be the original one to take home.
Qn: I wonder various settings need to be reset and the previous owner may not have done that.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:04 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Would you pleas share with me how you solved the problem? I am fighting with the same issue allready 2 years. Thank you
Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 PM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Never located the underline issue and it just went away. However after several months now I have different issue related to misfire and rough idling which is explained in another post: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ease-help.html
Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

.....so, you replaced only one of the two 9 year old batteries in the car?

I know Porsche says the second one only handles starting, but at the end of the day you need to realize that these are still tied together in some fashion and you seem to be having a ton of electrical issues! I'd start with the obvious electrical source first! Just to eliminate it as a potential problem.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:17 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Ditto, only have 3 months of chasing this, driving me nuts too, going to go unplug and replug the TPS sensor wiring in...

Quick Reply: Update - Still not working - Please help with Durametric error codes and more