Sponsored by:

Any specs (LxWxH, cargo, etc.)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 03:43 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Any specs (LxWxH, cargo, etc.)?

Does anyone know where I can find the specs for the Cayenne? The 0-60 times are nice, but how big is this thing and how much can it carry? I sold and X5 because it was simply too small in the cargo area, making it fairly useless in many situations. Even a ballpark figure would be nice if the specs aren't available.

Cheers!
Old 03-11-2002, 04:51 PM
mka428
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skip,
I can only give you the info that I have, but here goes.
75.9 inches wide, 66.9 inches tall, 112.4 wheel base, 188.43 overall length, 450hp, 457 lb-ft torque, 7,716 towing capacity, 0-62 in 5.6 seconds (TT version).
PSM and 6 speed tiptronic being standard.

This is all that has been released from Porsche, but will keep you updated...

Regards, Matt
Old 03-12-2002, 12:06 AM
iamsuperdan
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a side note, despite the fact that the pics make it look sort of like a station wagon, the Cayenne is about the same size as the BMW X5. It is roughly the same height, but a couple of inches wider, and about 5 inches longer. The rear window is more upright, so there will be more interior sapace by far. Porsche seems to have a knack for getting the most cargo space out of their products. For example, the Boxster is the only 2 seater on the market today that can fit my 6'6", 230lb body comfortably on long trips.

Anyway...

Cayenne:
Height - 66.9"
Length - 188"
Width - 75.9"
Wheelbase - 112.4"

BMW X5:
Height - 67.2"
Length - 183.7"
Width - 73.7"
Wheelbase - 111"
Old 03-12-2002, 03:19 AM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Thanks guys, this is at least enough to make me hope for the best in terms of cargo space. The extra length and width should help, as should the upright rear window. Hopefully Porsche didn't screw up the rear by making the floor too high, which is a big problem in the X5. BMW tried to make the spare fit completely under the floor, which is pretty silly given the already cramped quarters. To add insult to injury the space was only big enough for a 17", so why they bothered with a full-size spare is beyond me.

I'm hoping for at least 80 cubic feet of space, and more is better. I've been driving "full-size" SUVs since before they were popular, and I know what it means to be able to properly haul something. I will not buy another "small" SUV like the X5 as I refuse to be embarassed by a lack of utility again!

Quick Reply: Any specs (LxWxH, cargo, etc.)?