Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updating mObridge/BT Software

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Anything come from this? Been having flaky problems with the mObridge unit and am taking a road trip tomorrow (ok, I should have started working on this a week ago instead of waiting) and would like to try reloading the mObridge f/w.

Installed the mObridge Updater Wizard (they didn't test that app very well either, when you create a SD card the wizard never allows you to select "finish", it just keeps going back to the USB cable/Bluetooth/SD card selection diag box). Besides, the wizard doesn't do anything with the actual f/w, only the vehicle selection .ini file (would have been nice if they had stated something to that effect).

So, just copied the f/w to the SD card, now it would be nice to have instructions on how to upload the f/w to the unit itself.

The extent of mObridges instructions in their manual and on the web site:
Firmware Updates & Vehicle Configuration
The mObrdge range of products provides the ability to update the firmware of your unit as well as configure the unit for any vehicle type, vehicle settings and specific vehicle setup. mObridge is constantly striving for perfection in all products as well as adding new features.

Latest f/w can be found at www.mobridgeinc.com/support/updates
That's it, no actual instructions.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:54 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was advised not to run the updater since it had unpredictable results. That tool was for OEM users, I was told

What is actually happening ?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by mudman2
I was advised not to run the updater since it had unpredictable results. That tool was for OEM users, I was told

What is actually happening ?
Would be nice if they made some form of notation on the wizard that it was for OEM use only...

Just flaky stuff, always starts in disk 1 (playlists) even when I was in disk 5 at shutdown. Starting with a song that isn't in any playlist, not allowing me to select a playlist or hanging in the process.

I did see a post about not updating the Bluetooth versions but this is not Bluetooth.

If it wasn't such a hassle to get that panel out I would re-install the CD changer and just burn MP3 CD's.....
Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Given that the ipod starts from reboot it will always play the song at the top of the list. I had an old 30 that would not hold a charge anymore and drove me crazy, hated that song in the end. I got a 160 for xmas last year and since then I have not had that problem, it remembers where it was last.

Just a thought
Old 10-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Hum.... Wonder if it started with the new Nano...?
Had a old style Ipod (2nd gen Nano) that was recalled for the battery issue, it worked fine. Apple replaced it w/ the 1" square (6th gen) Nano. Battery is fine (only about 6 mos. old). May very well been when this started (I'll sometimes go a couple of weeks w/out driving the P!g). May be that the mObridge doesn't like this Nano.

I do need to figure out this Playlist issue though.

May try putting one of my older Ipods in the P!g to see if she reverts back to her old ways.

I have the cable in the back with the mObridge (where the changer used to be) otherwise I would just install the ipod each time I took it on a drive.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Gotcha. I spent a lot of time creating playlists to get around the shortcomings of the PCM menu system so I never have to drill to deep to get to what I want other than when I just let it play random

Let us know
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Update:
Turns out the mObridge really doesn't like the 6th gen Nano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iPod_models).
I took the Nano out to add songs and playlists, did not update either the mObridge f/w or the s/w on the iPod.
Reinstalled the same Nano, this time the PCM in mObridge mode came up as being "locked" and stuck in "disk 6". It would not change to any other disk and it wouldn't play anything. PCM operated fine in regular CD mode and in FM mode but it was hosed in iPod mode.
I had taken a older 2nd gen Nano with me so I plugged that in and this time everything works as it should in mObridge/iPod mode, it even comes back up in Disk 5 mode if I power the PCM down and back up again.

So, don't recommend using 6th gen Nano's with the mObridge. You've been warned.
Update #2: Since reinstalling the original 2nd Gen Nano I've had zero problems with the mObridge, and I've taken (4) 1400+ mi. trips in the P!g since using the daylights out of it.

However mine is not a BT unit so I can't speak to those issues.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 05-10-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:51 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Great news Bill (sorta) good to know for the future
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 PM
V10 TDI
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There appears to be a new "base" firmware update for ABT2010 1.9.7 (was 1.9.4). The "bluetooth" firmware may also be a newer version but since I always hear of problems upgrading the bluetooth (Parrot) portion - such as bricking the BT function of the unit so only ipod functions work, I wouldn't recommend upgrading either even if it is newer if your system is working fine don't mess with it. Newer is not always better unless Mobridge states the release fixes somthing that needs such...

If anyone finds out exactly what the revision 1.9.7 does that 1.9.4 doesn't please post.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 PM
xbzus
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JAGMAN1
Mine has audio drop outs every 30 seconds or so for .5 seconds. Anyone know what causes this?

It only does this while listening via Bluetooth. When plugged in its fine.

Any relation to this issue?
Hi Jagman, did you solve this audio drop out issue. I have the same issue. Thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 10:42 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I was curious so I stuck a SD card in my Mobridge and powered it up, powered it down after a minute and this is what it read:

This Card was used with a mObridge!
http://www.mobridge-usa.com

Software Version: 3 : 0 : 01.09.04
Boot Version: 3 : 01.01.01
Bluetooth Version: 1000 :: 03.12

Configuration:

Vehicle : PORSCHE
Mic algorithm : 5
Mic select : 0
Mic gain : 6
Vol communication : 15
Vol ring : 13
Vol prompt : 15
Vol streaming : 63
Bluetooth Pin : 1234

Please forward any information below to mObridge for support:
[most,5] cnt=2 act=0
4d4f5354 5f54534b
4d4f5354 5f54534b
[most,4] cnt=10603 act=0

As a side, I bought mine off of Amazon and I asked Mobridge about is a week ago and they said it is an outdated, obsolete unit sold by Dice Electronics (that is where it came from through Amazon). And they said they do not support it. It says Mobridge on it, I bought it through Amazon?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:12 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

The relationship with Dice terminated for cause as I understand it and Dice dumped all old stock on eBay and amazon

The difference is the change to the parrot digital BT chipset

I had the old one on my O4 and had it working
Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 AM
michelin
Track Day

I'm 'considering' updating my firmware.
What is the best procedure to follow given all the issues people have had.
Cheers
Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I would start by figuring out what you have. Take a blank SD card and insert in the unit. Turn the key on, or just start the PCM and wait a minute. Turn it off and pull they SD card back out and take a look at it on your computer, there should be a .txt file deposited by the Mobridge that will look similar to my post above. Then you can see what firmware version you have.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:56 AM
michelin
Track Day

Cheers Hahn. I will start from there and see what the score is.
Off the top of your head do you when the last update was?
My system is about 3 years old now. TBH I am loathed to update it considering the problems people have had.

Quick Reply: Updating mObridge/BT Software