Sponsored by:

Picked up 2012 Cayenne and have an issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
JBCayenne
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up 2012 Cayenne and have an issue

I finally picked up my new V6 Cayenne last night, what a sweet ride (4 months in waiting). When I turned the car on this morning I got a yellow battery warning light which said "Battery Discharge Protecion On 90 %". I cannot find anything about what causes this issue in the owner's manual. I have a call into the dealer, but has anyone had this issue? The dealer was charging the car right before I picked it up...
Old 11-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Isn't there a switch of some type on the side of the drivers seat? Did you look in the owners manual?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
vinnysca
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The switch is under the driver's seat, closest to the lateral side (door). There is a plastic cover and the switch is a black switchty that slides left or right.

This switch is meant for saving battery power when you inadvertently forget to unplug, say a cooler box when you park the car.

Vinny

Last edited by vinnysca; 11-29-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 PM
JBCayenne
Track Day

Thanks, Vinny! I found the black switch under the front seat. I pushed it towards the rear of the car and now the message is not appearing. This board is great! I really appreicate it!

JB
Old 11-29-2011, 02:07 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Thank you Vinny!
I wouldn't have know where or what that switch is for without your assist.
Have a wonderful day!!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

And while I was down there... I found the security switch to allow you to lock the car, have your dog in the car, and not have the interior motion detector scare the heck out of her every time she moves!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:14 PM
vinnysca
Instructor

Originally Posted by JBCayenne
Thanks, Vinny! I found the black switch under the front seat. I pushed it towards the rear of the car and now the message is not appearing. This board is great! I really appreicate it!

JB
You are quite welcome!

Vinny
Old 11-29-2011, 08:14 PM
vinnysca
Instructor

Originally Posted by RESP
And while I was down there... I found the security switch to allow you to lock the car, have your dog in the car, and not have the interior motion detector scare the heck out of her every time she moves!
LOL! Good! Glad to know your canine companion will no longer be traumatized as she moves about the cabin by herself!

Vinny
Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Is that switch supposed to be found in every model?
Old 11-04-2014, 12:38 AM
KiraL
1st Gear

Default Battery draw & drain on 2 Porsches

I was wondering the same thing. I have a 2004 Cayenne S and there seems to be some draw on the battery. The keyless entry starts to fail then the battery. Oddly enough, this battery draw occurs recently in my 1993 968 coupe. Is it contagious? LOL.

Only other common thread is that the two were garaged until about 2 years ago. We moved and don't have a garage. Can the heat in South Florida cause issues?

BTW, two separate porsche mechanics still can't find the cause on the 968. Bringing in the Cayenne this week.

PS there are several other issues I'd like to ask about, but still searching and figuring out how to explain them!

I've found this forum to be extremely helpful to my sanity! Thanks!
Old 11-04-2014, 02:53 AM
Borntovin
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am wondering if 2004 Cayenne S has same switch too? Can you post a picture of the switch?

I recently bought the car and removed the driver seat to the check the date on the battery. It was 4 year old battery, since I did not have any issue with the battery I put it back together. Only after few days i started loosing charge over night and had to jump start. Anyways I ended up replacing the battery and went with 95H/H9 battery and it is working fine.

After learning here that there is a switch under the seat, I am wondering if I accidentally switched one of these buttons.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:50 PM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

As for heat in south florida,the heat is very tough on battery life. Having moved from the north in some ways the constant heat seems to cook the batteries more than a northern winter . After moving down here I had to replace batteries on two cars. In both cases the batteries were around 2 years old

Quick Reply: Picked up 2012 Cayenne and have an issue