Sponsored by:

Latest Sport with the CTT

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:09 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Latest Sport with the CTT

Some time ago the Kessy slowly died, a gradual deterioration until touching the door handles no longer unlocked the doors. The car is still keyless inside with a very rare "Key Not Found" or "Key Not Recognised" warning. This happens with both keys and both keys will still open the doors remotely from about 20m - 30m.

Initially suspected the (Car) battery but got 14V at the terminals under the bonnet with engine off and figured that was OK. I decided to leave the problem solving until next service as it was no great inconvenience.

A couple of months ago the water temp gauge actually started to react, instead of being constant just to the left of the 80C mark it would make brief excurions to the right hand side, when applying some power, but never getting near to the 100C mark. Nothing there to be concerned about other than it was a change from the norm. Suspiscions were; dirty radiators, thermostat not opening fully, or faulty sensor.

Yesterday, parking sensor display giving random double reds whilst stopped in open ground before and after washing.

Today, started noticing some rough gear changes then after a while on the transmission display on the dash PRND were all selected simultaneously and the gear engaged was not shown. Transmission still operated in auto, manual and tip with rough changes but the display would not reset until I stopped the car and restarted. After about 10 mins the same business started again.

No fault lights have illuminated during any of these events.

Do I consider general electrical failure or perhaps the battery is faulty or I have a bad earth somewhere?

No problems at all with starting. Any bright ideas other than ?

Old 09-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Gian124
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may not be *much* help... but I had similar issues with the Kessy system & homelink. I suspected that there was a over current that fried the system... and replaced the homelink, kessy system, coding unit, remote batteries, and antennas. By the way, this was about $2000 and several trips to the dealership. In the end, the comfort access buttons weren't working. After the 7th or 8th trip to the dealership... they recoded the entire system and finally everything worked.

I *suspect* that in the very beginning... everything could have been resolved via programming alone (saving me the over whelming majority of costs regarding parts which likely didn't need replacement).

Though you issue is slightly different... I would first try coding to fix it (even if their diagnostic system reports inoperable parts).
Old 09-23-2011, 02:09 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Thoughts anyone, looks like I dont have 2 batteries!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:48 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are supposed to be 2 batteries. 1 main and 1 aux.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:59 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Originally Posted by ArneeA
There are supposed to be 2 batteries. 1 main and 1 aux.
It was an option, apparently, after 2004. I have a collapsible spare wheel and a Bose Subwoofer so no 2nd battery.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "all gears" selected is a problem in the gear selector it self there are tabs that break over time and the only way is to replace the whole thing. I will eventually get worst when you are driving in manual mode to where it will start slamming you into 1st or 2nd with the car tacking really high. A way of knowing if those tabs are broken is that the plastic piece around the gear lever is somewhat loose meaning that you can rock it from front to back.

Quick Reply: Latest Sport with the CTT