Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Won't Lock Properly

Old 02-12-2011, 09:58 PM
jjvay
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Car Won't Lock Properly

2008 Cayenne Turbo with Entry and Drive.

When locking the car (with either the door handle button, the key fob button, or the actual key), there are several warning beeps and the flashers continue flashing thirty to forty times. The car actually locks and unlocks with the Entry and Drive feature and the key fob feature, but the warning beeps and flashers continue. Experiencing the same problem with both of the key fobs . . .

I've tried removing the dummy key and using just the actual key in the ignition, with no luck; tried locking and unlocking the driver's door with the actual key in the door handle, with no luck; tried several variations on depressing the key fob buttons shortly after removing the actual key from the ignition to re-sync, with no luck. Can't find specific problem or a solution in the owner's manual or online. It's making me crazy!

Anybody have a similar problem? What was the fix?

Thanks
Old 02-13-2011, 07:32 AM
egr58
Intermediate

jjvay,

Three easy (well mostly) things to look at before searching for more stubborn electrical gremlins: 1) I'll assume you don't have a '!' displayed on the dash screen indicating an open door or hatch back glass that isn't fully latched; 2) replace key fob battery; 3) a little early but your battery may be going south - try putting a set of jumper cables from a running vehicle on the hood battery posts. This may not be the easiest of tasks as the un-latched hood may give you a '!' on the dash display - not sure if the hood has a switch to tell the vehicle you have an open hood or not. Weak batteries are known to create all kinds of strange anomalies.

gregg
Old 02-13-2011, 06:54 PM
joes95rx7
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the hood open you will get a warning only when it is put in reverse or drive. It shouldn't display '!' otherwise, but this might not hold true with Entry and Drive.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Km1.8t
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bet will be that that battery needs to be replaced. In the car, not the key fob. It is kind of strange for an 08 battery to be bad so early though.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 PM
jjvay
2nd Gear

Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to respond. Most appreciated.

Today, I took the Cayenne by the local dealership and they ran the fault codes. After awhile, they found a "rear door controller module" error that appears to be tripping the alarm system each time the doors are being locked. The flashing lights are consistent with an alarm activation, but the audible siren is not actually being activated during these incidents. We could not even get the audible siren to activate using the panic button on the key fob. Curiously, when we played around with the instrument cluster options and deselected the door locking courtesy honks and flashes, the alarm tripping seemed to stop. So, the dealer has ordered a new rear door controller module, which will be installed next week.

Lastly,when I pulled into the dealership, I parked behind another Cayenne. Apparently, it was having a slightly different problem with its alarm system and controller module (although its audible siren was working). Weird coincidence for something they had not seen before.

Best regards.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Won't Lock Properly