Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric Hacking and other cars codes? Please post if you have them!

Old 04-13-2017, 10:42 AM
AO
Supercharged
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by touareg
I had a cable from 2004 or so, and that was too old to work, I upgraded to the latest cable last year, and that does multiple bus architectures.

Depends on how old your cable is, I think if it is more than 10 years, like my old one you needed a newer cable.

If you have the older cayenne, you can just use the durametric.

Even though I no longer have any VW audi stuff, decided I wanted a newer cable to mess with the 957 cayenne.
I think my cable is from 2011 or maybe 2012. Maybe I'll sell that and get an updated one.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:32 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by touareg
Just bought a used switch for $15 shipped on ebay, happy about that. Should have it friday.

7L5.941.531C search that part, more cheaper listing than the 955 part number.
After getting my $15 switch from a 2005 Cayenne V6, I plugged it in and it worked like a regular switch, no auto, no errors logged.

I was resigned to thinking something was wrong with my light sensor on my 957 from 2009.

At this point, I ran through some output tests, learned that each individual side marker and parking light can be controlled from that module. Interesting.

So I had one option left to check, that I assumed was the cornering lights, I checked it, hit apply in the vag com, and success! My switch was at auto, and it was night out now, lights instantly came on, dash lit up like a xmas tree!

Byte 04 Bit 0 Assistance Driving Light
Byte 04 Bit 1 Coming-Home
Byte 04 Bit 2 Garage/Cinema Light
Byte 04 Bit 3 Comfort/Tip Blinking
Byte 04 Bit 4 Emergency Brake Blinking
Byte 04 Bit 5 Comfort Interior Lightning

So in Byte 4, I have Bit 0,1, 3 and 5 checked. Bit 0 was the magic one.

I now have full delay settings in the MFI, remote turns on the interior lights, and auto headlights on my non-dimming mirror, 2009 957.

There are a few other byte codes I want to mess with now, as I suspect there are more hidden features in this module related to lighting.

Note this was all done with vag-com 17, as the durametric software on the 957 does not support the newer central electric module with long coding.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:15 PM
touareg
Drifting

Should probably change this to a vag-com thread.

Not sure if this interests anyone but I can code the tailgate module, to turn the beeping off/on and enable hazard flashing when opening the hatch too, for the power liftgate.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:07 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

Touareg, tried sending you a PM and it says your PM quota is full.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:32 AM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by wkearney99
Touareg, tried sending you a PM and it says your PM quota is full.
That is because it is full

I just deleted some messages.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:58 PM
QuattroVAG
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologize for bumping this up but it seems like the appropriate place for this.

Has anyone attempted to recode their lights to allow the flash-to-pass halogens to illuminate when the xenon high beams are activated? This is a tweak i've done on all my cars, its very useful for rural night driving.

Here is the procedure for a T1 Touareg (using vagcom)

To make the halogen passing beams come on with the high beams on Touaregs equipped with Xenon lights: Please note that the fog lights will also stay on with the high beams if you have the fog lights turned on while driving.
1) start VAG-COM
2) click: “select control module” button
3) in Direct Entry box type: 09 (Elect. Ctrl)
4) click: RECODE 07 (Recode)
5) In the Software Coding box should be a number (mine was) 0105695, Subtract 2 from the existing coding (my new number is 0105693).
6) click: DO IT.
7) click: close controller, go back
8) click: go back
Old 02-23-2019, 05:19 PM
evilcorgi
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sorry for waking this thread again, but I recently installed a "new" used instrument cluster to my 08 base, and since the donor cluster had air suspension, and mine didn't, the cluster is throwing "Warning Air Suspension". I go into my Durametric coding section for instrument cluster, but nowhere I can find how to disable (or make the cluster think that) the air suspension is not installed in the car. Anyone have a solution?
Old 12-30-2020, 05:55 PM
Talal Drayb
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats, steering column and steering wheel

Hi I recently fitted heated seats, electric adjusted steering column with heated steering wheel all modules were transferred and wired into the car (955sMY2003) my question is would I be able to code the new parts using durametric pro. QUOTE=touareg;8052323]So I started playing again with the version 6 beta of the software and did one of my first mods. Anything I did here was at my own risk and don't do this if you feel uncomfortable or worry about damaging the car. Some of these changes may be illegal in some countries too, so don't blame me!

I am hoping others can post some of their coding along with country of car and options so we can figure out some of these things.

Went into the instrument cluster, clicked coding and change the country code from US to UK.

Then by hand went back to change my units from C to F and UK Gal to US Gal, already had my clock on 24 hours, and tire was BAR, didn't care as I do not have TPMS.

This gets rid of my annoying drive door is ajar and key is in the ignition.

I was hoping this would get rid of my navigation acceptance screen, but it doesn't. Unless a different country does? This basically seems to set the defaults for most of the MFD and also disables some things that are required by countries (Such as the US drivers door chime and key in ignition?)

The first 2 digits on mine were 15 (the list said +0 for no option, +1 for low wiper I think, +2 for seatbelt warning, and another +3 for something else and +16 for navigation enabled) I subtracted 2 and that got rid of the seatbelt warning on the MFD and the red light.

Also, I went into the Electrical System, then adaptation, then step 2 to change the 3 to a 5, for some reason I can not get it to accept, maybe because the software is beta? (Update at page 8 of thread, I used VAG-COM on module 9 on a 957)

This would change the slight touch of the turn signal stalk from 3 flashes to 5 when changing lanes, which I had on my other car and love.

Anyone know why this wont take?

I will post my coding and the relevant modules later for my car as well as the options I have, hopefully we can build a list, unless someone has done this already.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Old 12-30-2020, 06:17 PM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Touareg,

is coding possible using launch x431?
Old 10-31-2021, 05:48 PM
user 8298308
Banned

Received 687 Likes on 399 Posts

Resurrecting this old thread to say that the coding option (change to GB/UK) that allows for the silencing of the "door open, key in ignition" alarm worked for me. That noise is annoying and also pointless.
The following users liked this post:
Tjap (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 04:33 PM
Tjap
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a nice trick, but I do it with my vcds cable.
I guess you can do this also with Durametric :

​​​​​​To start with, I have a Cayenne Turbo 955 (2005).

- In lowest drive position, the air suspension of my car is very very bumpy. Stiff with smallest bump in the road, my 80 years old mom hits her head the ceiling of the car.

​​​​​​The main reason this is happening, is because I lowered the car, also using VCDS, by making "Adaptions" to Ride Hight.

I could easily make her higher again, but she looks soo hot in low mode😚

The "trick" I am about to share, will take away that stiffness, and give her back comfort, in lowest ride position, also on bumpy roads, but will keep her a lowrider: she likes to "whisper", just above the flat streets.

A step for step explanation on how to do this with VCDS, including pics:
1+2+3) Open VCDS, and look under "Chassis", for - 34- Level Control Module.
When in Level Control Module, we are not going to adaptions, we are going to "Basic Settings", but therefore we need to enter a security code.
The code you need, is shown in the picture😉

4)We fill in the code for basic settings 08367
After entering the code, you'll get a "Security access Succesfull", and a warning/control light is lighting up in MFI, and a warning sound.
Important: The warning light will stay on, till first full key-off/lock doors/key on again. So it always disappears after key out/ key back in/switch ignition. Not the same like making an "adaption", which can end with an errorcode.
Go to Basic Settings, and under "Documented basic groups", select first:"Front Axel Damper Filling"

Press On/Of/Next to start filling, you will feel and hear it filling the Damper.
Here you can see it "Filling", but when finished, it will say: "Done".

Fill the REAR damper next...

Third and last, fill the Pressure Reservoir, which can take up to a minute, and might abort. Try again 2 minutes later, and it will fill..

When filled the Pressure Reservoir, you can do all 3 of them 1 more time, put them all to max pressure.
- Choose "Done, go back", close the controller, disconnect cable, and your are finished🙂👍

Best to do it with running engine, because VCDS takes a lot of current, and also the air compressor to fill the dampers takes a lot of electricity.

With my car, the lasting effect stays for a few months, and then I pump up the dampers again.

Hope somebody enjoys my findings :-)

EDIT: Extra warning:

Do NOT use the other code, to change ridehight settings, if you don't exactly know what you are doing, because it could end up with an errorcode in your MFI.
​​​​​​
The procedure I explained, uses code 08367

When you start adapting ridehight by entering the other code, entering the code means you have to finish the process. If process of right hight is not done exactly right, a nasty errorcode +beeep.
Don't try the other code if you are not sure.

Last edited by Tjap; 11-01-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Durametric Hacking and other cars codes? Please post if you have them!