Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:56 PM
GMP - Stephen
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Cayenne Winter Wheel Package with Snow Tires

GMP Performance has teamed up with RH Wheels and Pirelli Tires to offer a winter wheel and tire package for the Porsche Cayenne owners.

The wheel package consists of a set of four 20x9.0 wheels mounted and balanced with a 275x40x20 tire. RH Wheels are produced in Germany and are TUV approved. The Pirelli tire is a Scorpion Ice & Snow RFT.

TPMS sensors are available (not included in the package price) from the local Porsche dealership and can be installed at the customer's request prior to mounting the tires.

RH AU Wheel and Tire Package (Click Here): The AU Vesuv is a simple and elegant wheel design that is sporty and easy to clean. The wheel is finished in a metallic silver paint and has 10 chrome rivets. The wheel package includes RH center caps and lug bolts. The factory center caps and wheel bolts will not work.

RH NF Wheel and Tire Package (Click Here): The RH NF wheel is a one-piece mesh wheel with a modular design. The face of the wheel has a silver painted finish with counter-sunk chrome rivets. The lip of the wheel is polished with a clearcoat for durability to finish the 3-piece look. The wheel accepts a factory Porsche center cap and the package is sent a RH center cap so you can choose between the two. The wheels also use the factory wheel bolts.

22" version shown on the car.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 521 Posts

Does it really make sense to mount winter tires on 20"/22" wheels? Looks great but is it the best choice from a winter driving perspective?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The 20" size is PAG-recommended for winter driving as per their winter tire selection chart.

I also researched what size wheel/tire package to buy for my GTS and in the end, the 20"-series was the best choice for me for both form as well as function.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ce-snow-2.html
Old 10-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy E.
The 20" size is PAG-recommended for winter driving as per their winter tire selection chart.

I also researched what size wheel/tire package to buy for my GTS and in the end, the 20"-series was the best choice for me for both form as well as function.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ce-snow-2.html
My owners manual shows that 18/19 and 20" wheels are acceptable. It does not show 22" wheels. The bigger, the better the looks but what do people actually recommend for actual winter use?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Agreed on the 22". Here's the official list as per PAG.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
winter tire2.pdf (30.3 KB, 254 views)
Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
ManMachine
Intermediate

I'd say even 20" is not really suitable for winter. Stick to 18" and 19".
Old 10-05-2010, 04:20 PM
GMP - Stephen
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I agree with you guys that the 22" is too big. I had posted that up merely for reference. The 20" package seems to be what we are getting a lot of calls on recently so I wanted to post up that as a package for those interested.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:40 PM
firewire
Cruisin'

Default Winter Tire Size

If you have a choice, go with the smallest wheel size for winter tires, as it gives more deflection in the sidewall for bumps and ruts. I like the look of the larger wheel, but would choose an 18" for winter tires over anything larger.

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne Winter Wheel Package with Snow Tires