Sponsored by:

Major Leak, Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 01:04 AM
adamlloyd
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Major Leak, Need Help!

I just put a new engine in my 2005 Cayenne. After I put 3k kms. I had engine checked by dealer about 1 1/2 month later, listen to what they wrote "Checked engine torque mount and mount is still good, lifted vehicle and found under body soaked in transmission fluid due to faulty torque convertor seal and no torque convertor inspection cover installed" I lost 4 liters of transmission oil.

Do you think the transmission leak is caused by improper installation of the engine? We did not have this leak before. Also, I know the transmission takes 10 litres of oil. Does anybody know what is the minimum amount of oil needed before it causes damage to the engine/transmission? Car seems to be running rough.

13 hours @ $140 per hr plus parts to fix a seal problem that I think should have been fixed when they replaced the engine. btw the engine was 13K remanufactured with a 2yr warranty.

I would like to know if you guys think the dealer should pay for this type of a problem or should it be me due to the age of the car. (2005 cayenne s) with 167k kms.

Thx
Adam
Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like the seal was damaged during the motor install.

Is this a V6?

There is no torque converter inspection cover on a V8.

Quick Reply: Major Leak, Need Help!