Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question after I upgraded my DVD PCM 2.1

Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Question after I upgraded my DVD PCM 2.1

So I did the upgrade tonight of my PCM 2.1 from software version 2.1 to 3.1 (Main + Trip ) confirmed.

The CD did 3 updates, PCM, BOSE, and Navigation I believe.

Then inserted my new 2006 Navigation DVD and that did an update to the DVD unit I assume, as it said update next.

So what exactly on the PCM head unit is fixed? Better audio? Everything looks the same.

I did have a weird problem were some address would all go to a town 15 minutes from my house. Otherwise the system worked perfect and this old issue is now fixed.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Well I found 2 changes, one is I now have Audio Pilot instead of Dynamic Audio, can my car fly?

2nd I have PCM Surround Sound or something like that.

3rd, I thought I had the strange thing were the GPS sends me to the same street in the same town for certain addresses, but it is still doing that.

Anyone want to put in:

251 Broadway
Malden, MA 02148

And see if it sends them to Medford, MA?

It says Malden is the destination, but shows Medford as the final checkered flag.

I have reset everywhich way I can think of, deleted all trips, delete all the last destination and stored ones. I still have to pull the battery. 1-4-8 does nothing good for me either.

So I guess I wasted a big chunk of change getting the newer maps and PCM 2.1 Rev A to B platform update.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question after I upgraded my DVD PCM 2.1